Head Unit Help

r4j

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am installing a new head unit in my A3 and its got an direct control Ipod connecter, which is ment to go into the glove box, through the back on the headunit.

Does anyone know how to run the wire into the back of the glove box from the head unit, or take the glove box out?

Thanks

That was a great help, thanks very much :)

i removed my glovebox to install my dension. I unclipped all looms attached to the GB. Does this mean now my airbag wont work??

i removed my glovebox to install my dension. I unclipped all looms attached to the GB. Does this mean now my airbag wont work??

Should still work as long as while unclipped you haven't turned the ignition on. otherwise you need to get plugged into vagcom/vcds and get the fault cleared.

how will i know if its working without stating the obvious lol

You could just leave the glovebox plugged in. There is just enough slack on the wires to place the glovebox on the floor.

Might need something there just to support it from getting scratched.

Where abouts in the Uk are you as there are many helpfull audi-sport members that have the data cable and can hook up your car and clear any faults have a look at the VCDS thread to find somebody near you.