Sky InsuranceBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Sachs Clutch and SMF for S3

Hi, looking into the above modification. Does anyone on the forum run this clutch and flywheel? Where is the best place to buy these items from.

Thanks in advance, Gary
    Last edited by Y444GAR; 9th August 2010 at 18:13.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I use the same sachs kit with smf on my 2.0tdi. Car is running 470nm torque no probs, no slip, no compliants. Noisy on idle but thats because its a diesel wont be bad on petrol

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Y444GAR View Post
    Hi, looking into the above modification. Does anyone on the forum run this clutch and flywheel? Where is the best place to buy these items from.

Thanks in advance, Gary
    If your going for the SMF clutch kit, dont go with sach since they have a known problem of not being able to change gear above 5500rpm in hard accelaration, go for something from helix or southbend, both companys don't have any reported with there SMF kit problems. Unless if your going for a DMF kit then sach is the way to go, just my 2p
    Audi S3 8P2 | Merlin Purple | Black Optics | Recaro Bucket Seats | Privacy Glass | Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights | Bluetooth Phone Prep. | MTM Stage 2 | Milltek TBE | ITG Stage 2 Induction Kit | Odyssey Racing 40 Battery | Rev D DV | Denso IK24 Spark Plugs | RS4 Pressure Regulator Valve | TTS Engine cover | To do: Autotech HPFP

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz1 View Post
    If your going for the SMF clutch kit, dont go with sach since they have a known problem of not being able to change gear above 5500rpm in hard accelaration, go for something from helix or southbend, both companys don't have any reported with there SMF kit problems. Unless if your going for a DMF kit then sach is the way to go, just my 2p
    I didn't know that problem was with all SACHS SMFs man? just a few random people?
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

1st Gear

Status
    Seems that the Southbend clutch kit gets very good reviews with no problems at all with gear changes. Thanks for the heads up on that. This looks the one for me, http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/prod...-drag-with-smf
    Last edited by Y444GAR; 9th August 2010 at 23:13.

Boycie

Status
    Unless wanting massive power gains, I would stay with the stock DMF and sachs uprated clutch!

Neutral

Status
    I'm reading with intrested as this will be my next mod!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Unless wanting massive power gains, I would stay with the stock DMF and sachs uprated clutch!
    Ditto. Have seen some failures on supercharged R32 lumps running SMF's and each one cracked crankshaft. Supposedly the DMF (whilst admittedly problematic itself) helps to alleviate some of the unwanted resonances and vibrations which can put strain on the crank. I'd rather be replacing a DMF once in a while rather than risking the SMF for now. Tough call, but I'll be playing safe, and hence why I have no plans for mods above Stg2+.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition