a3 2.0 tdi vs 2.0 t fsi mpg

deebow

Reaction score
hi there
im considering buying either a a3 2.0 tdi or 2 tfsi dsg and was wondering what can i expect to get mpg wise from them town and motorway. and also are there any common problems with high mileage dsg boxes that have had oil changed every 40k

Probably looking at about 45-50 mpg on the tdi, and 30-35 on the tfsi. A few less on each if they are quattos, or the 170 tdi. These would be on combined driving, so less in town, more on motorways. Dunno much about DSG boxes though, but if they are regularly serviced shouldn't be a problem.

Personally ive been able to match manufacturers MPG claims on diesels and never on petrols. And diesels don't rev as much so even after a good fast run you still get reasonable MPG

if your asking about mpg the 2.0t petrol aint for you
buy the 1.9tdi you will get 50mpg allround

i heard that the fsi egnines were quite economical for the power they have so just wanted a bit more info as seen some fsi for my budget

FSI might be but T FSI nah, realistically for a frontwheel drive your looking around 35 max maybe 38 if you drive like a granny, very easy to get a 140 past 55-60 with a bit of care on the loud pedal.

Around town you would be happy with 25-30 on T FSI, TDi looking more like 50, best thing is re-mapping a TDi increases economy and huge power gains!

I only got the s3 cos I only do about 4-6k miles a year

FSI might be but T FSI nah, realistically for a frontwheel drive your looking around 35 max maybe 38 if you drive like a granny, very easy to get a 140 past 55-60 with a bit of care on the loud pedal.

Around town you would be happy with 25-30 on T FSI, TDi looking more like 50, best thing is re-mapping a TDi increases economy and huge power gains!

I only got the s3 cos I only do about 4-6k miles a year

25-30 in TOWN is pretty optimisitc for a 2.0T ! Im the king of granny/economical driving, and in true town conditions you will never see that. More like 18-25. On the dual carriageway i can get up to 41.1 mpg so far , but thats cruise set a 40-50mph for over 45 mins!

****** hell i get about 30 to 35 around town out of my 2.0tfsi and have 42 on long motorway drive without cruise control doing 65-70 !

I must just have a good one !

Town round here is a very loose term haha!

think im gonna stick to the diesel as with a remap in the future should be more then enough power for time being.

Good choice. Thats what I would do also. Having said that, I'd be more tempted to fork out for the 3.0 TDI.

I don't like all the mpg talk. I like to know how many miles i'm gonna get out of a tank. More user friendly IMO.

In my 2.0TFSI I get 220-280 miles per tank, depending on driving.

Not very useful when comparing to cars with different fuel tank capacities though, granted.

450+ miles to a tank on a remapped 2.0tdi 140PD

Dont forget the DIS always tells lies so miles to the tank is more accurate. Or even miles on £20 worth etc.

DIS tells massive lies for sure, if you work out your MPG on a calculator its always worse than the DIS's average. I think Audi do it to make you feel better :)

to a tank of v power my 2.0t quattro does 340-360 per tank more than happy with that

V power makes a huge difference on 2.0 T no doubt about that!

I used to get over 650 Miles from my mapped FWD 140, Once got near 750 but a large part of that was a motorway both ways 3 times all in a 50 mph avg camera zone! Nightmare hate the m6!

2.0TFSI Quattro - I get between 18 and 23 around town (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc). Motorway used to get 28 then had cruise fitted and can get 32 now on long runs. That is on 97 / 98 / 99 Octane.

I do about 15K a year, and every now and again I think I should have a diesel......then again I love the power!!

Now a 3.0TDI A3 might just change my mind!!! Would it fit....

In the past I owned a 2.0 fsi and im in the market for a new a3 but i dont know wheather to stick with a fsi or go to tdi. Do the turbos in older models give much trouble?