Urgent TDI glow plug Q!

red or dead

Reaction score
I was just pulling into the drive this afternoon and the glowplug light was flashing, I had a look in the manual and it says "engine management problem" and to "have engine serviced without delay".

Thing is I'm supposed to be driving 40ish miles to Sheffield in the morning, will I be doing any harm to the A3 if I go or not?

The thing is it does'nt display this on the main screen like the Carbon Filter etc does, so I'm thinking it's not so important and I can at least do a few miles before I get it checked out.

Thanks in advance
Michael

If it`s only the glow plug light don`t worry about it just keep driving.

Did'nt make it to Sheffield, well not in my car! It went into "limp" mode so is with Audi, getting looked at tomorrow.

I had it flashing on me in the winter and there was a sporadic glowplug error which never came back after clearing it with VCDS.
Then it was flashing, also in the winter and displaying errors with Accelerator Pedal Sensor on VCDS.

What I'm trying to say is that glowplug light can flash to signal various errors, not necessarily related to glowplugs.

Car is back now, some sort of filter needed replacing.

I must say my first experience of a problem with the Audi was very encouraging. Went straight to the dealer, no messing about they gave me a car to use, foned me three days later saying mine was ready, took they're car back, two signatures and straight out in mine. Very polite, helpful and no waiting about, plus it was good to see some of the new/different features in the new A3 they gave me.