A3 2.0 TDI ENGINE WHEN SWAPING DOES IT HAVE TO BE SAME ENGINE CODE

westu_123

Reaction score
HI MY A3 2.0 TDI ENGINE DECIDED TO GO POP THIS MORNING I HAVE SEEN THERE IS PLENTY OF ENGINES AVALIBLE BUT DOES IT HAVE TO BE THE SAME ENGINE CODE AS MINE WAS A BKD CODE WAS WONDERING IF A DIFFERENT CODED ENGINE WILL FIT

****** hell, How many miles had your engine done mate? What happened?
Sorry cant with you with engine codes question.

Yes needs to be the same code to work with the ECU. What went wrong with your engine as i have several BKD engines stripped for parts and one BKD engine that has done less then 1000 miles and looks new if your interested.

couple a things first oil light kept coming on amber then red so changed the sensor on the sump flushed it new oil seemd ok now when you go to start it in morning turning over for a good bit then fires then a big puff a blue smoke just changed the glow plugs last week and the loom. water warning light keeps coming on every few days put a coolant pressure tester on it no leaks but is loosing water .and now every now and again the oil light keeps coming on think the engine just tired the car showing 100k on the clock but just bought it and no service history

Last edited: