Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    4th Gear

Status
    wiring to the car is pretty easy, you have 7 wires that need to connect up tp the car

earth (to car ground)
    12v to (fusebox next to drivers panel (fuse 8)
    12 v to (fusebox next to drivers panel (fuse 18)
    can low (conv module) in the boot behind the PDC (orange/brown wire)
    can high (conv module) in the boot behind the PDC (orange/green wire)
    buzzer
    buzzer

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    anyone got a wiring diagram or anything? at first i wasn't gonna bother and just reuse my old non Audi sensors but NHN's optical parking mod has me wanting that too so i need the real deal
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes you have to take a number of trims of to do the install, are you now doing this yourself or still want me to do it?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    if i decide to go for it i'd like your help definitely. maybe we can sort the wing mirrors at the same time?

i'm still trying to source parts tho so you're gonna have to give me a while. had a lot of on calls recently so not really had much time to sort it. how much should i be looking to spend on parts? whenever you're back in the UK maybe we could give it a crack?
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I book jobs & come back for them mate, so if you want me to do the installs, then need to be specific, as it wouldnt be a turn up & have a look thing, not being funny you understand, just have to book times, dates etc.

6th Gear

Status
    i'm trying to sound non pressuring cos i know you're busy . PM me some available dates and how much you think it's gonna cost and i'll try organise my annual leave when you're free/when i'll have the funds to hand.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Hey can do the work at your work place, house wherever, so annual leave isnt neccessary fella, you tell me exactly what you want to have done 1st, then we go from there, as its kinda changed since original discussion, thats the bit that needs to be specific & if you want me to source parts, no pressure at all either way, but its just so we know whats is expected from both sides huh fella otherwise you could change your mind anytime huh, think you get me.
    Last edited by NHN; 5th September 2010 at 17:36.

6th Gear

Status
    PM sent!

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

Reverse Gear

Status
    could anyone provide the part number of loom from box to car ? if there's any?

ETKA provides the second one - between modules and the box (PDC module), but I cannot find the above one :-(

I'm aware that there is such for the OEM kit - 8E0054635E but I bet this is not the one I need to retrofit the MY2010 PDC kit (I have already all the things valid for this model year, except this loom from box to car)

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Just make the loom.

Reverse Gear

Status
    can anyone confirm that what is needed to make this loom is:
    - 4A0 972 883 A (flat contact housing, 16-pin, brown)
    - 000 979 133 (repair wire) - amount: 3

2nd Gear

Status
    Would like to know this too, got a 06 bumper + sensors to replace my 05 bumper + sensors.

Neutral

Status
    Check my images in the garage section of my car, its a 2006 with a 2011 s3 rear bumper with the New smaller sensors. The New style loom just plugged in and works perfect as should no coding just good old plug and play.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Damn that was 2 years ago, slow reader, lol.

Anyway, the wiring adaptions were done within the loom with ground wire joined to just the single one back to the module, whereas 03-07ish has separate grounds to each sensor & to the module, the question would be if the smaller sensors would have any issues with distances & power feed, to cause any issues with sensor distances, be good to do some measuring blocks on the sensors, to see what detection range it does have for older module with newer sensor type.

Neutral

Status
    I just simply replaced the bumper with the smaller sensors and then replaced the wiring for the New and plugged straight in.
    Only Just Joined hence the reply lol

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I understand what you did, but that's not to say they're fully compatible, ideally to be sure it needs testing with vcds to make sure its registering distances etc correctly.

Neutral

Status
    If the car has had something already it recognises this and sets itself up, on the other hand if it did not and I fitted from scratch then yes it would need coding.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You're not understanding the point being made, its got nothing to do with coding, the fact they work is pure luck as the smaller sensors were never released for your year of pdc module, the point being made is, ideally you need to verify the module/sensors are fully compatible by logging in with vcds & checking the measuring block data to see if its detecting the distances correct or because the sensors are newer & the pdc older, if the 2 are causing an incompatibility to a point.

Neutral

Status
    No luck its fact and read plenty of post to back it up, thats why I just bought the new wiring to match the newer bumper and sensors. I have done this plug and play with new stuff a few times. Anyway your sorted your problem so cool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12