AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

2005 S line vs 2006 S line question

Hi guys,

I've been looking at a 2005 or 2006 S line and wanted to clarify something.

The 2005 S line is basically a sport model with a S line trim pack add on
    which was: badging, part leather seats, 18 inch wheels & roof spoiler

The 2006 S line became a seperate model entirely which added: badging, nicer F & R bumpers, lowered suspension (-10 over sport), 18" & interior bits n pieces.

Can anyone confirm this? So if I buy a 2005 S line I will be in effect getting sport level suspension not the firmer 06+ -10mm suspension?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Yep thats correct as there was facelift in 2006 to 8P2 format which is much better than 8P1 S-line!
    Now - A1 1.6TDI S-Line in Amfali White with comfort pack

A3 2.0TDI gone but not forgotten

Reverse Gear

Status
    So this would be a '8P2' with the firmer suspension?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by funkyr View Post
    So this would be a '8P2' with the firmer suspension?
    Think thats a 8p1? I have a 06 sportback s-line and it has smooth bumpers no rub strip?

6th Gear

Status
    guys! incorrect!

S lines all have the lowered suspension, dont be confused. The only difference between on 05 and 06 S lines are the bumpers and the seats have the S line logo on them. The cars are otherwise identical.

Options did change in 06 though. They introduced alloy door trims and optional BBS wheels so if you do fancy these extras, you need to look 06 onwards.
    Last edited by Lee_R; 4th August 2010 at 09:01.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

events moderator

Status
    also to add on to the above , 05 s-line's the rear spoiler was an option not standard fit
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Don't forget to check out the classified section here
    http://www.audi-sport.net/classifieds/
    05 Audi A4 2.0T FSI S-Line (B7) 132k Miles - SOLD

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    guys! incorrect!

S lines all have the lowered suspension, dont be confused. The only difference between on 05 and 06 S lines are the bumpers and the seats have the S line logo on them. The cars are otherwise identical.

Options did change in 06 though. They introduced alloy door trims and optional BBS wheels so if you do fancy these extras, you need to look 06 onwards.
    The thing is, my 2007 model year brochure makes no mention of the 10mm lower suspension. It doesn't seem to be in the brochures until the 2008 (8P3) revamp
    8P2 A3 2.0T FSI S line Special Edition Sportback S tronic 2007MY. Black. Concert II+ & Bose.

2nd Gear

Status
    When we ordered our 55 plate S-line, we had to spec the interior pack (which was an add on to the Sport model) and the exterior pack to get the s-line bumpers and spoiler. That's why you see some S-lines from that year with the standard bumpers.
    2005 - A3 2.0TDI S-Line Quattro

2008 - S3, Sprint Blue, Buckets, Sunroof, Rear Sensors, BT Phone Prep, Folding Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, BOSE, Flat Tyre Indicator, Phatnoise

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh, forgot to confirm what's already been said about the suspension too.....definitely lower than the Sport model.
    2005 - A3 2.0TDI S-Line Quattro

2008 - S3, Sprint Blue, Buckets, Sunroof, Rear Sensors, BT Phone Prep, Folding Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, BOSE, Flat Tyre Indicator, Phatnoise

6th Gear

Status
    Roswell is right - on the earlier models, like the black one pictured above, there was a separate S-Line styling package which was optional. That car doesn't have it which is why it has the standard front bumpers. In 06 the styling pack was effectively merged into the S-Line spec so all came with it.

I'm amazed how many older S-Lines I see without the styling pack as the exterior alterations are a large part of the attraction of the model to me. Without them it looks just like a Sport with different wheels and S-Line badges.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    Oh, forgot to confirm what's already been said about the suspension too.....definitely lower than the Sport model.
    yeahi think its only 10mm lower than the sport
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!