Making your A3 sound more fruity...

SneakaFreaka83

ASN is hazardous 2 your wallet
Reaction score
Hey guys... wanted to know what are the best products to make your car sound like it has a bit more grunt when booting it and purrr when around town..,....

As you prob know I have a 2.0 fsi non turbo A3 so a bit harder to get this effect but not wanting to go quicker just wanted to have a real nice PURRRRRRRR sound NOT a boy racer cherry bomb effect.

I was looking at inductions and just dont think I will take the chance with all this MAF issues (unless anyone knows of a gd proven system?) and want to get the Milltek cat back exhaust (But not sure that Milltek actually supply for the non turbo such as mine).

So the question is what the hell can I do to make her sound a little less school girl and a little more fiesty headmistress... :drool:..

Thanks guys and look forward to any input....

mate dont do it you have a good example of an A3 with that motor de cat it if you have to but put it on the rollers first. get some bang for your book. theres some t**t that drives past my office with an old astra in 2nd gear and you know from a mile away its coming and all the kids shout abuse at him lol

mate dont do it you have a good example of an A3 with that motor de cat it if you have to but put it on the rollers first. get some bang for your book. theres some t**t that drives past my office with an old astra in 2nd gear and you know from a mile away its coming and all the kids shout abuse at him lol

But do you really want that much noise in a slow, but smart looking Audi? Plus putting a 2.0FSI on the rollers is pretty pointless after a decat- you'd be payin £100 odd to see whether you gained 3 or 4 bhp!

But do you really want that much noise in a slow, but smart looking Audi? Plus putting a 2.0FSI on the rollers is pretty pointless after a decat- you'd be payin £100 odd to see whether you gained 3 or 4 bhp!

i agree mate but its the least shamefull alternitive. the point of audi, bmw, merc,ect is that they dont see you coming. and there smooth. then ppl go yeah that cars fit.

its not like these essex, wigan, st.helens, muppets. who may mum can i send your car ( 5 door 99 fiesta 1.2 8v ) and stick it on stilts with lexus lights and an exaust off an aviva bus. then the little w***ers sit in mcd's car park with some bad music pumping with some crap 6x9's

( sorry for the rant they make me angry )

Bite the bullet my friend and get a 3.2 V6. They purr all day long and if your lucky enough
to get one with the hesitation issue, it may even pop a bit if thats what your after....

thanks guys... think that I have mislaid the information that I wanted.... I DIDNT want something loud at all far from it would rather keep her standard than have a ****** DUMP TRUCK noise going down the road :noway: I just just a little more PUURRR .... a really subtle difference my old 182 clio sounded the nuts I had her slammed to the deck on coilovers but from sound wise just a K &N induction on her and until you booted it you would never of known that she was running at near 200 bhp.....

I read back over all the comments and what I had put and I hope that you dnt think I am some tasteless T**T because I take car modding seriously .... I mean the pics that N8 just put up is my kinda thing.... and the bentley rims are soon to be purchased as soon as I have the fundage..

Thanks again guys and hope that this clears things up a bit... I guess all I wanted to do was shove a induction on for a little more rasp but know that this may be opening a whole can of worms..

1) Remove the engine cover under the bonnet.
2) Get an intake.
3) If adventurous, try find a pipe that replaces the resonator just to see if it's not too loud.

thanks.. will removing the engine cover do a whole lot?.... , what intake to get?....., and lastly any links to find replacement pipes?........... does anyone else have any info?.. thanks

thanks bro but think il pass on that .... funny as F**K though id wet myself if I heard someone drive passed and heard that comming from the inside..

haha.. the more I think about that the funnier it gets... I may just get my missus to make a WHOOMMMMPSHHHHH sound out the window and pretend I the non existant dump valve on a turbo is going off hahahahahaah funny S**T...

I got the V10 (Lamborghini) version, and every so often I plug it in, drop the windows, wind up the stereo and let it fly!

It's also great for when you get a passenger in there... windows UP, stereo on full, and launch-control enabled... YOu have to reach over and push their jaw up, because they can't figure out how a tiny little car can make such a glorious, mighty racket! -Basically, if you SUDDENLY assault several of their senses at once, they forget to close their jaw.

-It really is a great laugh. -and for only about £25 it's just TOO MUCH fun!!!

:greyrs4:

Keef