Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    ASN is hazardous 2 your wallet

Status

Making your A3 sound more fruity...

Hey guys... wanted to know what are the best products to make your car sound like it has a bit more grunt when booting it and purrr when around town..,....

As you prob know I have a 2.0 fsi non turbo A3 so a bit harder to get this effect but not wanting to go quicker just wanted to have a real nice PURRRRRRRR sound NOT a boy racer cherry bomb effect.

I was looking at inductions and just dont think I will take the chance with all this MAF issues (unless anyone knows of a gd proven system?) and want to get the Milltek cat back exhaust (But not sure that Milltek actually supply for the non turbo such as mine).

So the question is what the hell can I do to make her sound a little less school girl and a little more fiesty headmistress... ..

Thanks guys and look forward to any input....
    A3 2.0 FSI metallic Pearl/ Liquid Blue, 18" BBS Calito's, rear Parking Sensors, Full Votex Kit, Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers, Cruise Control, Auto Lights and Rain sensor Wipers, Facelift Rear Lights, Personal German Pressed Plate (G9MBO).

Immediate TDL
    Calito's redone in pearl white
    Roof/Spoiler and wing mirrors wrapped in pearl white
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade
    BMC CDA Induction - hope it sounds lush..

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Thats what 18 yr old chavs with 1.4 Focuses do. hmmmmm!
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    Thats what 18 yr old chavs with 1.4 Focuses do. hmmmmm!
    Wanna borrow the caption below my username??

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    Wanna borrow the caption below my username??
    Yours sincerely.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Yours sincerely.
    Never serious. Always truthful

5th Gear

Status
    Never serious. Always truthful
    Well us Yorkshire lads don't beat around the bush you know...say what we're thinking straight up!

Yours sincerely....

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Well us Yorkshire lads don't beat around the bush you know...say what we're thinking straight up!

Yours sincerely....
    My best mate is a yorkshire lad. He's pretty tactless too. Cracks me up!

MPG the new BPH

Status
    mate dont do it you have a good example of an A3 with that motor de cat it if you have to but put it on the rollers first. get some bang for your book. theres some t**t that drives past my office with an old astra in 2nd gear and you know from a mile away its coming and all the kids shout abuse at him lol

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

5th Gear

Status
    My best mate is a yorkshire lad. He's pretty tactless too. Cracks me up!
    There's not enough hours in day not to be ! Tactless huh, just bein honest!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nally View Post
    mate dont do it you have a good example of an A3 with that motor de cat it if you have to but put it on the rollers first. get some bang for your book. theres some t**t that drives past my office with an old astra in 2nd gear and you know from a mile away its coming and all the kids shout abuse at him lol
    But do you really want that much noise in a slow, but smart looking Audi? Plus putting a 2.0FSI on the rollers is pretty pointless after a decat- you'd be payin 100 odd to see whether you gained 3 or 4 bhp!

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    There's not enough hours in day not to be ! Tactless huh, just bein honest!

MPG the new BPH

Status
    But do you really want that much noise in a slow, but smart looking Audi? Plus putting a 2.0FSI on the rollers is pretty pointless after a decat- you'd be payin 100 odd to see whether you gained 3 or 4 bhp!
    i agree mate but its the least shamefull alternitive. the point of audi, bmw, merc,ect is that they dont see you coming. and there smooth. then ppl go yeah that cars fit.

its not like these essex, wigan, st.helens, muppets. who may mum can i send your car ( 5 door 99 fiesta 1.2 8v ) and stick it on stilts with lexus lights and an exaust off an aviva bus. then the little w***ers sit in mcd's car park with some bad music pumping with some crap 6x9's

( sorry for the rant they make me angry )

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

MPG the new BPH

Status
    god thats some bad spelling lol

Neutral

Status
    Bite the bullet my friend and get a 3.2 V6. They purr all day long and if your lucky enough
    to get one with the hesitation issue, it may even pop a bit if thats what your after....

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezzy View Post
    Bite the bullet my friend and get a 3.2 V6. They purr all day long and if your lucky enough
    to get one with the hesitation issue, it may even pop a bit if thats what your after....

haha

Status
    thanks guys... think that I have mislaid the information that I wanted.... I DIDNT want something loud at all far from it would rather keep her standard than have a bloody DUMP TRUCK noise going down the road I just just a little more PUURRR .... a really subtle difference my old 182 clio sounded the nuts I had her slammed to the deck on coilovers but from sound wise just a K &N induction on her and until you booted it you would never of known that she was running at near 200 bhp.....

I read back over all the comments and what I had put and I hope that you dnt think I am some tasteless T**T because I take car modding seriously .... I mean the pics that N8 just put up is my kinda thing.... and the bentley rims are soon to be purchased as soon as I have the fundage..

Thanks again guys and hope that this clears things up a bit... I guess all I wanted to do was shove a induction on for a little more rasp but know that this may be opening a whole can of worms..
    A3 2.0 FSI metallic Pearl/ Liquid Blue, 18" BBS Calito's, rear Parking Sensors, Full Votex Kit, Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers, Cruise Control, Auto Lights and Rain sensor Wipers, Facelift Rear Lights, Personal German Pressed Plate (G9MBO).

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

1st Gear

Status
    1) Remove the engine cover under the bonnet.
    2) Get an intake.
    3) If adventurous, try find a pipe that replaces the resonator just to see if it's not too loud.
    2010, Matte White Spray/Coated - Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI DSG
    APR Stage 2+ RON 98 ECU Reflash | Eurojet 3" Turboback Exhaust | BSH (Stage 1+2 Intake/Pendulum Mount/Integrated Throttle Pipe/Boost Tap) | AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe | Neuspeed TSI Torque Arm Insert | Stock Intercooler | Vogtland 35mm | HID 6000k (Main D3S + Fogs H11) | LED @ Full Interior/License Plate | CF @ Side Mirror/B-Pillar/Interior

Status
    thanks.. will removing the engine cover do a whole lot?.... , what intake to get?....., and lastly any links to find replacement pipes?........... does anyone else have any info?.. thanks

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

3rd Gear

Status
    Bugger all that.

I have a 2.0T... but I got one of THESE:

http://soundracer.se/

And now it sounds like a friggin' screaming Lamborghini whenever I want it to!

..And it's nice and quiet whenever PC plod takes an interest...

Status
    thanks bro but think il pass on that .... funny as F**K though id wet myself if I heard someone drive passed and heard that comming from the inside..

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VWAddict View Post
    Bugger all that.

I have a 2.0T... but I got one of THESE:

http://soundracer.se/

And now it sounds like a friggin' screaming Lamborghini whenever I want it to!

..And it's nice and quiet whenever PC plod takes an interest...
    thats amazing... sod stage 2+ IM GETTIN ONE OF THESE!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Status
    haha.. the more I think about that the funnier it gets... I may just get my missus to make a WHOOMMMMPSHHHHH sound out the window and pretend I the non existant dump valve on a turbo is going off hahahahahaah funny S**T...

Immediate TDL
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade

3rd Gear

Status
    I got the V10 (Lamborghini) version, and every so often I plug it in, drop the windows, wind up the stereo and let it fly!

It's also great for when you get a passenger in there... windows UP, stereo on full, and launch-control enabled... YOu have to reach over and push their jaw up, because they can't figure out how a tiny little car can make such a glorious, mighty racket! -Basically, if you SUDDENLY assault several of their senses at once, they forget to close their jaw.

-It really is a great laugh. -and for only about 25 it's just TOO MUCH fun!!!

Keef