How much for my S3

consilio

Up the owls!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking at part-ex'ing the S3 at a main dealer, and notice that cars of similar age, mileage, and spec are on sale for about £19k - £19.5k.

The dealer has offered me £16k. Obviously i'm not going to get the same money as a private sale and the dealer needs to make a profit, but how much profit exactly would be the norm?

If it helps, it is an immaculate S3 (spec below) 57 plate, 33k miles.

dealers are cranking wel past book prices just now and private sells of s3's are hard to make atm, nonoe has the cash laying around atm

Dealer only offered me 15K for mine (Jan 07, 27k) which was absolutly mint and unmarked, sold it no problem for just over 18k within 2 days of placing the advert. If you price it right, its a nice car and you don't ask silly money you should sell it easy.

Dealers appear to be getting rather greedy, I saved nearly 7k by selling and buying private,which would of all gone in the dealers back pocket.

Good Luck

Mark

Last edited:
Nice to hear someone didn't get done over!

What's next in line wiggy?

Nice to hear someone didn't get done over!

What's next in line wiggy?

Sorry guys but one of those twin turbo 2 litre derv's made by BMW, 123D M-Sport, it's kicking out 262bhp and 385 FtLb according to the dyno after having a re map. It does go very well and does 45-50mpg, but if i'm honest I reallly miss the S3, not really into the BMW thing or the diesel thing.

Mark

Can't knock you for trying something different! 262 and 385 on a remap is pretty respectable!

Hope it grows on you eventually! Don't worry wiggy, we'd take you back irrespective of how long you stay on the dark path.

Audi use CAP to value there used cars, its does not take into account any optional extras which I believe Audi can adjust for but obviously at a fraction of the purchase price.

The Cap trade in value for your car for August 2010 is £16700, suggested retail price is £19195.

Can't knock you for trying something different! 262 and 385 on a remap is pretty respectable!

Hope it grows on you eventually! Don't worry wiggy, we'd take you back irrespective of how long you stay on the dark path.

LMAO ! Cheers I am sure i will be back in a Audi in the not to distant future, nicer cars.

Not sure how accurate the figures are, there may well be a little dyno optimism, but the car was pushing 211bhp standard on the dyno against official standard figures of 204bhp, so not bad gains really.It really did make a difference to the car though, certainly shocks a few people on the road.

Mark