Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Up the owls!

Status

How much for my S3

Hi everyone,

I am looking at part-ex'ing the S3 at a main dealer, and notice that cars of similar age, mileage, and spec are on sale for about Ł19k - Ł19.5k.

The dealer has offered me Ł16k. Obviously i'm not going to get the same money as a private sale and the dealer needs to make a profit, but how much profit exactly would be the norm?

If it helps, it is an immaculate S3 (spec below) 57 plate, 33k miles.
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    dealers are cranking wel past book prices just now and private sells of s3's are hard to make atm, nonoe has the cash laying around atm

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Third Gear

Status
    Dealer only offered me 15K for mine (Jan 07, 27k) which was absolutly mint and unmarked, sold it no problem for just over 18k within 2 days of placing the advert. If you price it right, its a nice car and you don't ask silly money you should sell it easy.

Dealers appear to be getting rather greedy, I saved nearly 7k by selling and buying private,which would of all gone in the dealers back pocket.

Good Luck

Mark
    Last edited by markwiggy; 2nd August 2010 at 18:39.
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    Nice to hear someone didn't get done over!

What's next in line wiggy?

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pii View Post
    Nice to hear someone didn't get done over!

What's next in line wiggy?
    Sorry guys but one of those twin turbo 2 litre derv's made by BMW, 123D M-Sport, it's kicking out 262bhp and 385 FtLb according to the dyno after having a re map. It does go very well and does 45-50mpg, but if i'm honest I reallly miss the S3, not really into the BMW thing or the diesel thing.

Mark
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Pii
    4th Gear

Status
    Can't knock you for trying something different! 262 and 385 on a remap is pretty respectable!

Hope it grows on you eventually! Don't worry wiggy, we'd take you back irrespective of how long you stay on the dark path.

Top Gear

Status
    Audi use CAP to value there used cars, its does not take into account any optional extras which I believe Audi can adjust for but obviously at a fraction of the purchase price.

The Cap trade in value for your car for August 2010 is Ł16700, suggested retail price is Ł19195.
    2007 57 A3 Diesel Hatchback 2.0 TDi 170 S-line 3dr S-Tronic
    Extras - Black Styling Pack, Xenon Headlights, Privacy Glass, 18" 20 Spoke Alloy Wheels, Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, IPOD connection, BOSE sound system, De-badged Rear Tailgate

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pii View Post
    Can't knock you for trying something different! 262 and 385 on a remap is pretty respectable!

Hope it grows on you eventually! Don't worry wiggy, we'd take you back irrespective of how long you stay on the dark path.
    LMAO ! Cheers I am sure i will be back in a Audi in the not to distant future, nicer cars.

Not sure how accurate the figures are, there may well be a little dyno optimism, but the car was pushing 211bhp standard on the dyno against official standard figures of 204bhp, so not bad gains really.It really did make a difference to the car though, certainly shocks a few people on the road.

Mark