Badger5Volks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Sport, Se & S-line

what is the difference between these models?

also

when did audi release each 8p audi a3s?

new to a3s so just wondering when each face was released...

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    8P started in late 03

Releases go:

late 04-05
    Mid 08

Wheels, body styling, interior trim/spec, suspension

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

If you have some idea of the year you are interested in, send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a PDF copy of the Audi Pricing and Specification brochure for that year. This will give you the details the specification and options for all the A3 models.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Before the mid 08 upgrade the A3 model line started with the plain A3.

You could upgrade that to either SE or Sport for the same price, about 2 grand.
    The SE included Cruise Control, light and rain sensor pack, 17 inch wheels
    The Sport had 17 in wheels, sports suspension and the Driver Information System (DIS)
    The S-Line was an 1800 quid add on to the Sport trim and included 18 inch wheels, part leather seats, roof spoiler

After the mid 08 upgrade the order was rearranged slightly to be Basic > SE > Sport > S-Line

Even though the SE is technically the same level as a Sport they seem to be cheaper secondhand. Rumour has it that if you have an SE with DSG (auto) the DIS can be activated using the VCDS software and lead as it has to be fitted to show the gear selectec info.
    8P2 A3 2.0T FSI S line Special Edition Sportback S tronic 2007MY. Black. Concert II+ & Bose.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andykn View Post

The Sport had 17 in wheels, sports suspension and the Driver Information System (DIS)
    The S-Line was an 1800 quid add on to the Sport trim and included 18 inch wheels, part leather seats, roof spoiler

After the mid 08 upgrade the order was rearranged slightly to be Basic > SE > Sport > S-Line

Even though the SE is technically the same level as a Sport they seem to be cheaper secondhand. Rumour has it that if you have an SE with DSG (auto) the DIS can be activated using the VCDS software and lead as it has to be fitted to show the gear selectec info.
    so everything after SE comes with rain/light sensors and cruise control?

According to the latest 'valid from July 2010' Price and Specification Guide downloaded from the Audi UK website, the Light and rain sensor package and Cruise control are Ł325 and Ł215.00 respectively options on ALL models and not standard on any.
    Last edited by h5djr; 2nd August 2010 at 17:39.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    No, the post 08 trim levels were all different.

Pre 08 only the SE had them as standard, the S-Line was in addition to the Sport trim, which was an alternative to the SE trim.
    8P2 A3 2.0T FSI S line Special Edition Sportback S tronic 2007MY. Black. Concert II+ & Bose.

No, the post 08 trim levels were all different.

Pre 08 only the SE had them as standard, the S-Line was in addition to the Sport trim, which was an alternative to the SE trim.
    That's true, Cruise control and the Light and Rain sensor package were standard on my 2007 SE Sportback, but were optional extras on my 2009 SE Sportback but the extra cost of the SE package was reduced from Ł2000 in 2007 to Ł650 in 2009. When I added back most of the items that had been deleted from the 2007 SE package the price worked out about the same.

It now seems that they are optional on ALL trim levels from Standard through to S3.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Audi Heaven

Status
    Post 2008 SE cars didn't even come with Climate Control but the pre 2008 cars did. I thought DIS was standard on SE and above always. Pre 2008 SE cars had interior light pack as standard.
    On new models, Light and Rain Sensor plus Cruise and rear parking sensors are part of the "Comfort Pack" which is Ł500.
    Thorught out the years, Audi has made changes to what was standard and optional depending on the prices charged for that year or period....
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

4th Gear

Status
    My 2003 A3 SE has auto lights and auto dimming mirror, no auto wipers (that I can tell anyway), climate, cruise, no DIS and only 16's. Dunno what audio comes as standard, but mine has the in-dash 6 disc symphony (I think). But it does have an arm rest.

I think its pretty well specc'd, but for the life of me cant figure out why they wouldn't have just added the DIS. Should be standard on ALL Audi's. I mean, it is an Audi, not a peugeot (which probably has similar standard anyway).
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    My 2003 A3 SE has auto lights and auto dimming mirror, no auto wipers (that I can tell anyway), climate, cruise, no DIS and only 16's. Dunno what audio comes as standard, but mine has the in-dash 6 disc symphony (I think). But it does have an arm rest.
    I had a 2003 SE too

The auto lights were standard, as was the dimming mirror. There was no option for auto wipers at that time. Climate, cruise & the armrest were standard and it came on 7-spoke 16" wheels. I specced sports seats, DIS and a couple of other minor bits on mine. The Symphony was an option.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Reverse Gear

Status

So that means that the pre mid-08 update S-lines didnt come with the further -10mm ride height that the current S-lines do?

6th Gear

Status
    2006 to 2008 cars did (i.e. the 8P2 models)
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    2006 to 2008 cars did (i.e. the 8P2 models)
    Are you sure? The brochure doesn't seem to mention it.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    If you have some idea of the year you are interested in, send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a PDF copy of the Audi Pricing and Specification brochure for that year. This will give you the details the specification and options for all the A3 models.
    I have just bought an 07 plate A3 Sport with lots of extras on. Coudl you send me the brochure so I can see what was standard and what was not. It would be much appreciated

5th Gear

Status
    Are the dampers the same on all models even though the springs are different between SE - Sport - S-line ?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkincoupe View Post
    Are the dampers the same on all models even though the springs are different between SE - Sport - S-line ?
    Yeah Audi list the same part number for all models so they must be the same!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Why's that munch, you need a set as I have a complete suspension kit of my Sportback sport model 05, pm if any use.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    I'm thinking about putting H&R 50mm springs on and thought if the S-line models had an uprated damper to go with the lower springs then I could source some OEM but if the same probably not worth it unless from a zero-ish mileage car - mine has only done 35k miles anyway - thanks for the offer NHN

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    Yeah Audi list the same part number for all models so they must be the same!
    Thanks Lee - I missed this reply earlier - so does this mean that S-line dampers are going to pack up much earlier as they have been under more stress then?