Brake pad recommendations

circleswim

Lacks Car Funds...
Reaction score
My brake pads are running low front and rear, currently have standard pads fitted but would like something with more bite and ideally less dust. I mainly drive on the motorway but travel 100 - 200 miles a week on A roads and country lanes, I tend to drive the car quite hard.

Anyone got any recommendations for pads they have/are using?

A lot on here seem to rate the Ferodo DS2500s for extra bite.

Can't get them for the S3, so I'm being advised to get Pagid meself...

I'm not sure you can beat genuine items...... For the road I think you will struggle to beat them as a complete package...

A lot on here seem to rate the Ferodo DS2500s for extra bite.

Can't get them for the S3, so I'm being advised to get Pagid meself...

I am pretty sure you can get them? Aren't they the same as DS2500s for the 2.0T ?

^The pads are the same I think. Ferodo does not include S3 in the catalogue, but I definitely remember seeing a post on ASN from someone that fitted a set on his S3.

I am pretty sure you can get them? Aren't they the same as DS2500s for the 2.0T ?

We were posting about Ferodo DS2500 pads for the S3 recently. Someone gave a link to a company up in the Scottish Borders I think it was. I emailed them & they replied that Ferodo DS2500s were not listed for the 8P S3. I couldn't find any on my search around t'web either, only 8L S3 pads.
I put the guys reply up then hoping that he might be wrong but no-one came back then with a different answer.

If the 2.0T has 312mm discs or uses the same size pads as the S3 then I'm sure it'd be okay, but I'd want that verified by someone who knows much more than I do!

And Edition - my previous set of OEM pads & discs were great, which is why I went for a complete new OEM set. They're just not as good for modulation or as reassuring on higher speed stops as the original set were...

If you cannot get DS2500 then next stage up would be Pagid blue which i believe is the best on the market. Not cheap but then they last longer then standard. Depend on how hard you push your car.Mintex 1144 are very good pads for the money as a general fast road pad.

Right, everyone seems to be raving about ferodo ds2500's, which are more than I want to spend, I realise you get what you pay for but was hoping to spend £60ish per set (I need front and rear). For that reason the mintex 1144 appeal to me but apparently produce alot of dust, with the mileage I'm doing this is something that is going to determine what I buy. I'm not too bothered about having the best pads, just something better than standard with less dust. What are the ferodos like for dust?
Anyone tried the black diamond pads?
p.s. Not interested in EBC, had them on my last car and were crap.