Cargo net part number?

pengjn

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got a cargo net from ebay, which is a genuine Audi part but I can't get the thing to fit to my A3 8P 3dr. The part number is 8E5 861 869. The part that I'm looking for is the net that fits against the back of the rear seats in the boot, not the one that attaches to the floor of the boot (I'm guessing these are different parts).

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
jimbo

The only net that I can find in ETKA that is anything like you describe is part No. 8P3 867 689.

But this does appear to fasten to the underside of the parcel shelf and is described as a map net. Whether or not it will fix suitably to the vertical surface of the back seat I could not say.

I have done a search on the part number you quoted and it does not appear to be in the A3 section. What year is your car ?

hhmmphhh - a bit of googling reveals that 8E5 861 869 is for an A4 (****** e-bay muppet said it was an A3 part) and 8P0 861 869 is the correct A3 8P part. :-/

Is this the one? Found this on another thread about cargo nets.

A3_net_upright.jpg

That's the one I was looking for in ETKA but can't find it !

Is Audi original part do you think ?

Yeah it's an original - that thread might have the part number. I have the same thing which was part of storage or luggage pack.

Search Cargo net.

Yup that's the one and i think I have the right part number. Can't find anywhere to buy one online. Any ideas as to where to get one (aside from calling audi and handing over all my money!)?

I've never seen these lurking about to be honest. If the guru's dont know then maybe it's worth dropping Stoke Audi a note. Its just a net, can't be THAT expensive... can it?

There's only one net for the A3 and it's the one pictured above. It comes as part of the luggage pack, together with a 12v socket in the boot. The net can either be mounted as shown above or flat across the load space, anchoring at all four corners.

Hi - if you've still got the A4 one, let me know would you ? Have just acquired an A4 and looking for a net !

Hi all,

I just got a cargo net from ebay, which is a genuine Audi part but I can't get the thing to fit to my A3 8P 3dr. The part number is 8E5 861 869. The part that I'm looking for is the net that fits against the back of the rear seats in the boot, not the one that attaches to the floor of the boot (I'm guessing these are different parts).

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
jimbo

As above that is the net which goes flat on the floor or as pictured.

I have a spare one I would sell if you are still looking.

It is an 8P A3 one, I had it in my other S3. Not sure of the part number though, I don't think it's marked on it.