Oil consumption 140 tdi

remslie20

Reaction score
Just wondering how much oil everyone goes through in their tdi's? I've had mine a year and done 17000 miles in that time it's went through 3 litres and one service with filter and oil change. There's no obvious leaks or marks on driveway. She's done 46000 miles in total. Is this normal??

We've been discussing this on another thread, but 3 litres in 17k isnt bad tbh, if it was in 1k I'd be very concerned, is there any noticeable leaks under car when parked up, get it lifted, check around the turbo, takes 5 minutes to check, any noticeable leaks anywhere else?

Hmm, I have done just over 23k in mine since I got it, and have only had to top it up once or twice with around half a litre a time. Mine is now on 95k :ninja:, had a slight leak before the last service around the sump plug however I did not notice it because the engine undertray was catching it! :ermm:

My car had 39k on the clock when I got it in December, since then it's done 18k miles, had a service at 41k and topped up about 1.5 litres of oil in since.

Yeah checked round turbo and just replaced plastic undertray as it was snapped and no obvious oil leaks. Never had any cAr go through this amount but it sounds no worse than the rest so I guess nothing to worry about!

I usually put half liter in almost 10.000 km. No more than 1-1.5 liters at an oil change. I don't see it as a problem...