retro fit air con

can be done mate though it would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy cheaper to switch cars

Its rare to find an A3 without it to be honest as there are very few base models about. Like mentioned, trade it in for one with air con, its easier!

it would easily cost th difference to fit it, and its not particularly great either, its good but not all that code and the fact that ive had 3 problems with my system lately im still a bit raw, the fans and the hps / lps are common faults on them

Yeap, its a ***** job to do as dash has to come out aswell, I have looked into a mod that requires dash out, trust me trade her in for 1 with, I'll prob do my mod anyway, but easier than doing yours lol.

ive got a air con radiator if you want it, i took mine out when installed my intercooler

Yeap, its a ***** job to do as dash has to come out aswell, I have looked into a mod that requires dash out, trust me trade her in for 1 with, I'll prob do my mod anyway, but easier than doing yours lol.

tell me about it mate, the same has to come out to change out a top door hinge, all cause the ******** didnt desig a cutaway, safe to say its 1-2 days work for stripping and rebuilding and thats not including stripping the heating system from the crossbar, cant belive youre contemplating doing it for the facelift heater controls mate

Mate, its a challenge, I love challenges & for me it would finish her of nicely with everything now coming together, just doing my S3 rear towbar flap mod, then body is done, interior is coming along nicely.

im glad i havent purchased my new mirror switch yet, i think ill behaving a my11 one instead ;)

in all seriousness though it is a real challenge totally doable though, justwatch the two plastic push clips in the centre of the crossmember i dropped one inside and had to spend 20 mins fishing it out, got it though so i should be rattle free :)

Yes removing rear bumper has its fun as the sockets are deep & I havnt got magnetic socket set to grab the nut, thankgod for superglue or double sided sticky tape, lol.

have you tried the old socket full of grease trick, handy for reapplying too

Nah the sticky trick is much more fun, as I get to stick my fingers together lmfao

Yup, it will be huge job. Your car wont be wired for it either so it will require new looms to be made up to splice into your loom. I'm talking from experience as I started it on my old shaped A3. I got all the in car stuff done ie all the wiring/heaterbox etc but never got round to fitting engine bay parts before I sold the car LOL

You sly dog, I was under impression you completed that mod.

Yeah does sound like a lot of work, I thought it may have had the looms and that in and only require a controller, fan and pump. I didnt use the aircon that much in my last car so was not too bothered that this one did not have it as it came with loads of extra kit. Im in scotland so will just have to make do with the few warm days we get. Thanks everyone for all your answers as always.

You sly dog, I was under impression you completed that mod.

I know, the control panel in the car worked bar the actual aircon LOL. Still got the pipes, compressor & condensor n my lockup. Just needed the fan housng & fan assembly but as I said, I sold car.:banghead: