Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71

    Folding mirrors - standard on S3?

    Picked up my new MY11 S3 today and it has folding wing mirrors which I didn't expect. Are these standard or part of the tech/comfort packs? Either way I am happy as it was an option I regretted not adding when I ordered!
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    S3RYE's Avatar
    Interior Next!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London/Essex
    Posts
    3,456
    touch!!!!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

    Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon




  4. #3
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Syzygy View Post
    Picked up my new MY11 S3 today and it has folding wing mirrors which I didn't expect. Are these standard or part of the tech/comfort packs? Either way I am happy as it was an option I regretted not adding when I ordered!
    Question is - do they fold automatically when you lock the car, like the MY11 car's are rumoured to? They are an option - not included with either the tech or comfort pack! I call that a result! lol

  5. #4
    Pii
    Pii's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    748
    Might need to check the DIS to see if it's a setting!

    You lucky sod!

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71
    They don't fold on locking. Tried holding and pushing the lock button multiple times, also had a look through every option in the DIS menus and nothing there Anything else I can try?
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  7. #6
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    No as afaik it wasnt a rumour, not heard that on any 8P ever, higher executive chassis I ahve, but thats purely rumour.

    I designed a circuit that works for auto fold/unfold & full closure, worked well.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  8. #7
    Pii
    Pii's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    748

    Folding mirrors - standard on S3?

    Bugger. I think when i had an a4 courtesy there were settings in dis but if it's not there then maybe they haven't added it to my11

    Damn you Audi!!

    Still you got 250 option for free so its a win!

  9. #8
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71
    I can't complain then Just need to check they haven't missed any of the other options I did order! E.g. Can't think of a way to check for high-beam assist other than driving at other road users with my lights on full!
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  10. #9
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    59
    I heard it was going to happen on the MY11 but obvioulsy somebody was feeding duff info! Oh well...... I had folding leccy mirrors on a MkIV Mondeo.... just wired a relay into the central locking circuit! Simple stuff - wonder if the same principle would be a possibility :-)

  11. #10
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Syzygy View Post
    I can't complain then Just need to check they haven't missed any of the other options I did order! E.g. Can't think of a way to check for high-beam assist other than driving at other road users with my lights on full!
    Couldn't you wait for it to get dark and shine a torch on the sensor? May be a silly idea - I dont know how the high beam thing works!

  12. #11
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    You are lucky to get wheels as std on a S3 these days.....lol
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  13. #12
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    I'll second Paddy on that, whats it now, 35k for a decent spec's S3 & whats so annoyng is you can get better technology on a MK5 Golf than a bloody S3, which is a possibility why I could later on get 1.

    As for high beam assist, you could be of help to me at some point mate please, as for testing it, its a light sensor so yes a torch should do the job except of course if they detect the car is rolling or not & disables the function if handbrake is on/brake pressed or car is still, some feedback on this function would be good to know aswell mate.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  14. #13
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    222
    NHN , is the high beam sensor situated on the back of the rear view mirror , thanks ?

  15. #14
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    Yes & no, there is a light sensor on the actual back of the mirror itself, but the high beam assist is on part of the mirror housing but in its own housing as such, as per pic below, facing the road as such so it dims your main beam auto from oncoming traffic.


    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  16. #15
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    222
    Thanks , do i assume then the the small sensor on the right is for auto headlamps , thanks ?

  17. #16
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    As for high beam assist, you could be of help to me at some point mate please, as for testing it, its a light sensor so yes a torch should do the job except of course if they detect the car is rolling or not & disables the function if handbrake is on/brake pressed or car is still, some feedback on this function would be good to know aswell mate.
    Happy to help, will test it with a torch this weekend. Mine has that sensor in the mirror housing and the data sticker has "8Q3 Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic (self-adjusting while driving)". Might that code be it or is that the xenon headlight levelling?
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  18. #17
    redleg's Avatar
    1st Gear
    Bounce Back Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Syzygy View Post
    I can't complain then Just need to check they haven't missed any of the other options I did order! E.g. Can't think of a way to check for high-beam assist other than driving at other road users with my lights on full!
    the high beam assist even works when you drive into areas with street lighting , just have to trust it i was sceptical at first but now i love it .

  19. #18
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    Cant you boys stop interupting my mod day lmfao, got many things going on car today

    Quote Originally Posted by shilts View Post
    Thanks , do i assume then the the small sensor on the right is for auto headlamps , thanks ?
    No, thats for the dimming circuit to be enabled, the auto lights are controlled by the rain/light sensor that fitted right up against the glass on the mirror fixing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syzygy View Post
    Happy to help, will test it with a torch this weekend. Mine has that sensor in the mirror housing and the data sticker has "8Q3 Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic (self-adjusting while driving)". Might that code be it or is that the xenon headlight levelling?
    That would be correct, xenon levelling, the high beam assist is code urrmm gotta think now, 8N7

    Quote Originally Posted by redleg View Post
    the high beam assist even works when you drive into areas with street lighting , just have to trust it i was sceptical at first but now i love it .
    Ah so you have it, urrmmm I maybe calling on several people now for scans of cars, all at once there are many with, before it was like tumbleweed across the desert when asking if anyone had lol.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  20. #19
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    Guys, as you have high beam assist on your cars can you please get me some logs with VCDS for me to play with as I need to get some coding for my mirror atm for dimming mirrors as cant get mine working as new mirror I believe has coding to turn this on as its a coded module now, where as normal mirror with dimming works purely on wiring only.

    I can prob find someone close to you with vcds to scan it for you guys, can you help me out please?

    Thanks in advance.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  21. #20
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Guys, as you have high beam assist on your cars can you please get me some logs with VCDS for me to play with as I need to get some coding for my mirror atm for dimming mirrors as cant get mine working as new mirror I believe has coding to turn this on as its a coded module now, where as normal mirror with dimming works purely on wiring only.

    I can prob find someone close to you with vcds to scan it for you guys, can you help me out please?

    Thanks in advance.
    Sure. I have an old USB OBD2 cable that I used a few times on my old 8L S3, would this work on my new car?
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  22. #21
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    Doubt it mate, but I now someone in your area who will scan it for you, I'll give Sarah/Watty a shout if you're free mate, I can ask them to contact you or vice versa.

    Alternatively buy a new version from me

    Wasnt a sales tactic, just with your nice new car would be handy if ever wanted to scan etc.

    Thanks.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  23. #22
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Doubt it mate, but I now someone in your area who will scan it for you, I'll give Sarah/Watty a shout if you're free mate, I can ask them to contact you or vice versa.

    Alternatively buy a new version from me

    Wasnt a sales tactic, just with your nice new car would be handy if ever wanted to scan etc.

    Thanks.
    I'll go for the Sarah/Watty option for now, could you ask them to get in touch? I might buy my own when I've seen it in action
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  24. #23
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    I'll give them a shout later as back to hospital to see the ladies now thanks again.

    Out of interest, have you got side dimming mirrors aswell as rear view mate?

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  25. #24
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Out of interest, have you got side dimming mirrors aswell as rear view mate?
    Yep, side dimming as well
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  26. #25
    Khufu's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    West coast of Scotland
    Posts
    5,693
    As you say Nigel, bit poor show that the mirror options are better on the Golf than the A3/S3. I hope you have uprated batterY & alternator to cope with all your extra toys LOL
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

  27. #26
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Doubt it mate, but I now someone in your area who will scan it for you, I'll give Sarah/Watty a shout if you're free mate, I can ask them to contact you or vice versa.

    Alternatively buy a new version from me

    Wasnt a sales tactic, just with your nice new car would be handy if ever wanted to scan etc.

    Thanks.
    Thinking about it I know a friendly local VAG specialist who may let me use his kit if it isn't a big job, unsure what version he has though. What specifically do I need to do?
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  28. #27
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Syzygy View Post
    Yep, side dimming as well
    Absolutely perfect, thanks, have asked Sarah to contact you fella.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    As you say Nigel, bit poor show that the mirror options are better on the Golf than the A3/S3. I hope you have uprated batterY & alternator to cope with all your extra toys LOL
    Yeah pisses me of the mk5 has better options than us, ffs audi is the premium or socalled brand & dont worry my battery was uprated ages ago fella & its only oem kit for the 8P anyway so alt should be fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syzygy View Post
    Thinking about it I know a friendly local VAG specialist who may let me use his kit if it isn't a big job, unsure what version he has though. What specifically do I need to do?
    Depends what kit he has mate, would like coding of certain modules, adaptation channel codes all logged.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  29. #28
    JohnS3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Syzygy View Post
    Picked up my new MY11 S3 today and it has folding wing mirrors which I didn't expect. Are these standard or part of the tech/comfort packs? Either way I am happy as it was an option I regretted not adding when I ordered!
    The folding mirror feature is a 120 cost option.


  30. #29
    Sarah's A3's Avatar
    MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire to Perth AU
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Syzygy View Post
    Thinking about it I know a friendly local VAG specialist who may let me use his kit if it isn't a big job, unsure what version he has though. What specifically do I need to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syzygy View Post
    I'll go for the Sarah/Watty option for now, could you ask them to get in touch? I might buy my own when I've seen it in action
    PMd you, let me know when you are free!


    Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

  31. #30
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    Cheers to both of you.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  32. #31
    Sarah's A3's Avatar
    MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire to Perth AU
    Posts
    5,923
    Cheers Rob for letting us use your car, hopefully that will help Nige in his Quest. Seriously consider the cable, well worth it!!! If you need the beeps turning off lol, give us a shout!


    Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

  33. #32
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Cheers Rob for letting us use your car, hopefully that will help Nige in his Quest. Seriously consider the cable, well worth it!!! If you need the beeps turning off lol, give us a shout!
    No problem, nice to meet you both and hope it helps Nige.

    Thanks for switching on the alarm beep - definitely can't miss locking it now which is great. If the neighbours start complaining about the noise I might well be in touch
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  34. #33
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    I'd like to give a tremendous thanks to Sarah, Dave & Rob for getting some logs for me, it helped me diagnose the issue with dimming, logs didnt help that part but made me think outside of the box, but the logs will be very useful I hope to look at other parts of the same mod.

    So again thanks again.

    Nigel.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  35. #34
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    Rob, can you test 1 thing for me mate please, its easy.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  36. #35
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Rob, can you test 1 thing for me mate please, its easy.
    Sure, what is it?
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  37. #36
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    Ok, figured out from the playing with your car & mine, that the dimming on the cars with high beam assist now uses 3 sensors, not 2, it relies on the sensor on the back of the mirror itself, the auto light sensor on the windscreen & the sensor you an see on the front of the mirror when in driving seat, where as normal auto dim mirrors use front sensor & rear sensor, not auto light sensor, iirc.

    I also noticed & maybe you can confirm this, that when the autodim isnt in use, you know the green led on the front of the mirror, it is brighter when the auto lights sensor doesnt detect a darker state & then the led dims when it is in use as such, if thats makes sense, its hot here so maybe I got it round wrong way :P, anyway see if you can repeat my findings please mate or this maybe related to the auto light position, will confirm this again tomorrow when testing again.

    Ok, can you, of course when you're free during the daytime takes 30 seconds, stick something over the rain/light sensor on the windscreen itself exterior side of course, its the sensor thats right up against the glass, now stick your finger over the sensor on rear of mirror itself then shine a torch on sensor at front of mirror, watch see if all 3 mirrors dim, then try the same but remove the cover over the rain/light sensor on windscreen see if it works then.

    My findings show it doesnt work unless auto light sensor detects a darker state.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  38. #37
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Ok, figured out from the playing with your car & mine, that the dimming on the cars with high beam assist now uses 3 sensors, not 2, it relies on the sensor on the back of the mirror itself, the auto light sensor on the windscreen & the sensor you an see on the front of the mirror when in driving seat, where as normal auto dim mirrors use front sensor & rear sensor, not auto light sensor, iirc.

    I also noticed & maybe you can confirm this, that when the autodim isnt in use, you know the green led on the front of the mirror, it is brighter when the auto lights sensor doesnt detect a darker state & then the led dims when it is in use as such, if thats makes sense, its hot here so maybe I got it round wrong way :P, anyway see if you can repeat my findings please mate or this maybe related to the auto light position, will confirm this again tomorrow when testing again.

    Ok, can you, of course when you're free during the daytime takes 30 seconds, stick something over the rain/light sensor on the windscreen itself exterior side of course, its the sensor thats right up against the glass, now stick your finger over the sensor on rear of mirror itself then shine a torch on sensor at front of mirror, watch see if all 3 mirrors dim, then try the same but remove the cover over the rain/light sensor on windscreen see if it works then.

    My findings show it doesnt work unless auto light sensor detects a darker state.
    Not had much time to test this but just had a quick go. To make sure I am doing this right I have got:-

    A = Auto lights sensor - front facing against glass
    H = High beam assist camera
    F = Front facing light sensor - on back of mirror
    R = Rear facing light sensor - seen from drivers seat

    Trying various combinations I cannot trick the mirrors into dimming, assuming the dimming effect should be quite clear in the day light?

    I have tried covering A, H and F then shining an torch into R with no change in mirrors. Various combinations of coving A, H or F also result in nothing. All I can think is the mirror dimming is not easy to see in daylight or there is another sensor somewhere, perhaps at the rear of the car?
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  39. #38
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    No mate, thats not quite correct, ok using your key ok & ignore the high beam assist sensor, thats not part of this at all.

    So stick something dark over the A, then put your finger over the F, then shine torch into R, this should trick this into dimming.

    If this doesnt work then make sure light switch is set to Auto.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  40. #39
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    No mate, thats not quite correct, ok using your key ok & ignore the high beam assist sensor, thats not part of this at all.

    So stick something dark over the A, then put your finger over the F, then shine torch into R, this should trick this into dimming.

    If this doesnt work then make sure light switch is set to Auto.
    I tried that as well. Covered A so the auto lights were on, finger over F and torch into R - no joy.

    Will try again when dark to confirm the torch into R alone works and there isn't some other rear facing sensor.
    S3 S-tronic Black Edition MY11 - buckets and other toys

  41. #40
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,073
    Ah thats very strange then, urrmmmm, PM me a landline number mate then we can discuss it further if possible with a preferred time to ring thanks, as this should work.

    Basically, well in my tests on my car, the auto light sensor signals to the mirror to go into a dimming ready state, then it relies on the rear of mirror itself front facing sensor to detect light changes aswell, then when you shine a light at the front of mirror sensor from the driving position, it should trigger dimming, even during day & its very noticable whatever time of day, now you've got me thinking & curiously annoyed lmfao.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO