JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

audi A3 spoiler?

Hi guys, my girlfriend wants to fit a spoiler to her 2004 A3, what options are available, do Audi do one? if so does anyone have a price and part number please?

also shes going to change the exhaust trims to chrome ones like the newer A3's so wants a skirt to go on the rear bumper to make it look better, again whats available please? if anyone has got any of this done to their cars and could post up pics i would be gratefull,

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    you've got the S-Line spoiler (just have a look at any S-Line or S3 for that one), and a Votex one (both available thru Audi). then you have several aftermarket ones. not exactly sure who does them, but have a look at Oettinger, Abt and Caractere. tbh i wouldn't bother because an official Audi one shouldn't be too hard to find off eBay or at a breaker's.

in regards to the rear bumper i reckon your best bet is a 2009 facelift one. as far as i'm aware they're a straight swap (just need painting) and aren't massively expensive. the S-Line diffuser trim (which is the best looking option imo) for it is tho. at a guess i reckon you should be planning to spend ~500ish for the rear bumper including painting if you want brand new parts.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

1st Gear

Status
    yeah cheers for that, anyone got a part number for the s-line spoiler and a rough price please? also ive had a look at the rear lower diffuser, theres quite a few ones lol, do the just fix onto the existing bumper she has?

6th Gear

Status
    on the main forum go down to sponsors. there's a link there for "Stoke Audi". ask Dave on there. they give pretty good prices for a stealer.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

6th Gear

Status
    The s-line/S3 one has lugs that normally go through holes and is bolted onto the tailgate & the votex one is intended as an aftermarket option that just gets bonded on. They are pretty similar, the votex one has slightly squarer edges than the s-line/S3 one. Avoid any copies you find on ebay, they dont fit as well & are poorer quality reflected in cheaper price.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

2nd Gear

Status
    heres a few pics of my a3 sport back with the full votex kit fitted

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    As said, dont go the ebay route. They are all a poor quality fit and look exactly like what they are. Ebay tat.

I presume your girlfriends car is a 3 door,as it is a 2004 model.

Get a genuine one mate. As said, you will have to modify it slightly though to get it to fit to your tailgate, but it is very easy to do.

It may be even worth consider buying a whole tailgate with spoiler attached. A lot of breakers wont split the spoiler of the tailgate as it is too much hassle,so I manage to find a few complete tail gates around the 90-100 mark all in. Doing it this way would then be the 100% correct way.

However, it is just as good to modify and fit. This is how I did mine

Just something for you to consider .

1st Gear

Status
    ok cheers for that, does the rear lower valance off the sportback also fit the 3door? is there a front lower spoiler to fit to the facelift bumper?

Neutral

Status
    the sportback rear is different to the 3dr as i found out a few weeks ago after buying a sb one by mistake
    drivers side s line fog light wanted for 07 bumper.
    cash waiting