audi A3 spoiler?

gizm0

Reaction score
Hi guys, my girlfriend wants to fit a spoiler to her 2004 A3, what options are available, do Audi do one? if so does anyone have a price and part number please?

also shes going to change the exhaust trims to chrome ones like the newer A3's so wants a skirt to go on the rear bumper to make it look better, again whats available please? if anyone has got any of this done to their cars and could post up pics i would be gratefull,

you've got the S-Line spoiler (just have a look at any S-Line or S3 for that one), and a Votex one (both available thru Audi). then you have several aftermarket ones. not exactly sure who does them, but have a look at Oettinger, Abt and Caractere. tbh i wouldn't bother because an official Audi one shouldn't be too hard to find off eBay or at a breaker's.

in regards to the rear bumper i reckon your best bet is a 2009 facelift one. as far as i'm aware they're a straight swap (just need painting) and aren't massively expensive. the S-Line diffuser trim (which is the best looking option imo) for it is tho. at a guess i reckon you should be planning to spend ~£500ish for the rear bumper including painting if you want brand new parts.

yeah cheers for that, anyone got a part number for the s-line spoiler and a rough price please? also ive had a look at the rear lower diffuser, theres quite a few ones lol, do the just fix onto the existing bumper she has?

on the main forum go down to sponsors. there's a link there for "Stoke Audi". ask Dave on there. they give pretty good prices for a stealer.

The s-line/S3 one has lugs that normally go through holes and is bolted onto the tailgate & the votex one is intended as an aftermarket option that just gets bonded on. They are pretty similar, the votex one has slightly squarer edges than the s-line/S3 one. Avoid any copies you find on ebay, they dont fit as well & are poorer quality reflected in cheaper price.

heres a few pics of my a3 sport back with the full votex kit fitted
DSCN0157.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg

As said, dont go the ebay route. They are all a poor quality fit and look exactly like what they are. Ebay tat.

I presume your girlfriends car is a 3 door,as it is a 2004 model.

Get a genuine one mate. As said, you will have to modify it slightly though to get it to fit to your tailgate, but it is very easy to do.

It may be even worth consider buying a whole tailgate with spoiler attached. A lot of breakers wont split the spoiler of the tailgate as it is too much hassle,so I manage to find a few complete tail gates around the £90-£100 mark all in. Doing it this way would then be the 100% correct way.

However, it is just as good to modify and fit. This is how I did mine :)

Just something for you to consider .

ok cheers for that, does the rear lower valance off the sportback also fit the 3door? is there a front lower spoiler to fit to the facelift bumper?

the sportback rear is different to the 3dr as i found out a few weeks ago after buying a sb one by mistake