Slight jerky acceleration

Japper

Ibis S3 Fan Club
Reaction score
2010 S3 with 7k miles and GIAC remap since 1k. Not all the time but sometimes under load and flooring it, it accelerates fine but you can feel a slight 'hiccup' or similar feeling through pedal and car.

Is this a recirc valve issue, fueling, or coil pack?. Car runs / idles fine.

Any ideas?

Thats how mine started and it gradually got worse. It ended up being Coil Packs 2 and 3.

Thats how mine started and it gradually got worse. It ended up being Coil Packs 2 and 3.

Thanks Karl that's what i thought it was most likely. Is this likely accelerated by the map or are the coilpacks still a weak part, as i new they were on the 1.8T motor.

Not tried it with map switched off yet to check if it will repeat the problem for Audi tech.

The map will highlight the issue more but I do not think it would necessarily be accelerated. Unfortunately the coil packs on the VAG platform are just another weak point.

Be glad you have not got a Veyron as you would have 16 coil packs to worry about!!!

Good news mate I am glad you sorted it.

Help!

Didn't use car for past few days as had a hire car over weekend to transport family. However this morning the misfire was far worse on driving to work. Called AUDI and they can't get it in this week so advised to call AUDI assist who would sort it at work. Now here's my question, i'm at work and do not have my GIAC switcyh at hand. Do i need to switch it to stock, will he notice? or do i wait till after lunch when i can get home and switch it back?