A3 Stereo Lights remain Lit

gersmuz

Reaction score
Afternoon guys and lass's,

First post on this forum so be gentle haha

Recently bought an 04 plate A3 2.0 Tdi and loving it, but one problem is that the stereo lights remain lit even when the car is locked ?

has anyone had any experience with this happening

Cheers in advance

cheers for reply,

it stays on constantly...searched the web but come up with nothing. Called the garage i got it from and they said i must have changed the settings.
Which i know for a fact i havent

So the stereo is lit up all night long? Hmmmm

Might be worth finding someone local to you with VAGCOM so that you can try reprogramming it

yea all night long lol

just a funny one which i thought might have cropped up before somewhere.

It will be going back to the garage and telling them to fix it...thats why u get a few weeks warranty on 2nd hand cars i suppose

thanks

- Does the stereo auto shut off when on for 60 minutes?
- Does the stereo automtically come on when you start the engine or do you have to maually turn it on?

not 100% sure about it shutting off after 60 minutes but will try it and see.
have to manually turn it on when u get in the car if it was.turned.off.the time before even although it is still lit up with a ****** Christmas tree lol
its quite annoying to say the least and not doing much good for security looking into that in the dark

on the A3 8P there is no switch feed from the car for after market head units you either have to have a removable face and take it off every time you get out of car or find the switch feed coming from the ignition hub to start the engine and run a separate wire from there to the head unit.

i had this problem when i changed my symphony II double din to a Alpine ida-x200 unit..

hope this helps..

Is it a symphony or chorus stereo?

My pure guess is that the stereo was changed to an aftermarket one at some point and changed back to your current one for a sale. In the process maybe something was missed or worse disconnected permanently. Not my area of expertise (actually nothing is lol) but wondering if the 04 plates ran on canbus back then? If it cuts after 60 minutes on the dot then maybe it's canbus operated.

I would take it back to dealer and tell them to sort it. It's NOT a setting on the stereo for sure.

ill be taking it back to the dealer start of the week.so ill be sure to let u know how it goes.

thanks for the replies guys

Good luck gersmuz and let me know if it cuts after 60minutes on the dot.

you mean if you leave the stereo on playing with the car not running ? as an auto switch off ? ill give it a go mate