Volks AutosChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

part number for new 2011 Stronic shifter knob?

Does anyone have the part # for new stronic shifter knob?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    Think you'll have to ring Audi. Unless it's the same as earlier ones the electronic parts catalogue is unlikely to be that up to date.

Phone Stoke Audi who are sponsors of this forum.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Its not available yet trust me as I check daily, its in etka but no price or availability in UK.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    aww

I see some on german ebay thou. They come with the gear knob boot. Do these come without the boot?

Neutral

Status
    Is this what you are looking for

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORIGINAL-AUDI-...item2eaeb2632f

It says it's a simple exchange, but I'm not so sure about that. Wouldn't mind having one fitted to my car. Would look alot better than the one I have now.
    2005 Brilliant Black A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0TFSI Panaramic Sunroof, Bose, RSNE, Heated Front Seats, Rear Parking Sensor

Mods so far: Armrest, RS Oilcap, FBMFSW, Facelift Tail lights, S3 Pedals, Black Grille & Surround, Eibach Pro Springs, S3 Front Brakes, Goodridge Lines, Black Edition RS4 alloys, Maxogen ITG Induction, Bi-xenons, Revo Stage 2

1st Gear

Status
    yeap thats the one.

4th Gear

Status
    has anyone bought from this seller? i want this shifter but the reverse is the the wrong place.

http://cgi.ebay.de/NEU-Original-Audi...item2eaeb499f5

anyone know of somthing similar.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thejolster View Post
    It says it's a simple exchange, but I'm not so sure about that.
    on fourtitude someone's done the swap. apparently all you have to do is twist your gearknob because the "hole" where you push in your button in to move the shifter is east-west on pre MY11 cars, but on this it's north-south on MY11+ (if that makes sense). once you've done that apparently it's a straight swap. i'll try find the article, but it says it's really very straight forward.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    on fourtitude someone's done the swap. apparently all you have to do is twist your gearknob because the "hole" where you push in your button in to move the shifter is east-west on pre MY11 cars, but on this it's north-south on MY11+ (if that makes sense). once you've done that apparently it's a straight swap. i'll try find the article, but it says it's really very straight forward.
    Uh no mate that mod was mine & if you search ASN you'll find a thread & pics of the mod being/been done.

6th Gear

Status
    soz nigel, didn't mean to take away the credit. defos read it on fourtitude tho, maybe they were quoting your work. (or maybe it was you!)
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    No worries wasnt worried about credit, just that it was on here anyway in the delves of this thread link:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...hlight=stronic

When twisting you have to make sure its done straight, isnt stretched or squashed or it will affect usage of the gearknob properly.

6th Gear

Status
    hmm... would seem fourtitude lied to me anyway. as you've made clear it's not that easy! cheers nigel, you might just have saved my ass (and some of my money)!

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Dont be a wuss lol, get it done, it is fairly simple for users now they have info, but as I was risking a 500 minimum gear selector unit that is removed from under the car, so another 500 in labour, it took me longer to research the mod, but heatgun or a small blow torch type gas soldering iron, heat & twist in 1 action, gotta do missus sb next week when I get there, also when I get the new gearknob.

Just Looking

Status
    88 for that shifter seems a bargain, I reckon it'll be a fair bit more than that over here.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Question is, is he including the gaitor aswell as the TT/S/RS includes a sided gaitor but is about 120 iirc, but S3 version prier to latest stronic MY11 comes just as the gearknob, for 88 with gaitor is actually a fair price, but with delivery would it be same as dealer, my dealer shows part number & so does my etka but no poxy price & nothing in Dial-a-Dog to order either.

3rd Gear

Status
    everyone from Fourtitude and the world at large should thank Nige for his complete writeup. It's not a hard mod to do after you read the write up. You just need to accept that if you eff up really bad then its a 1000 dollar repair

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tcardio View Post
    You just need to accept that if you eff up really bad then its a 1000 dollar repair
    Lmfao made me chuckle as its true, but what I have to say is I did it twice as I bloody fell back & snapped it of, so drilled a hollow hole in each part & stuck a nail in & glued back together, its been perfect ever since, phew I did infact drop a bollock or 2 when that happened, I blame the climate control not coming out lol.

3rd Gear

Status
    Nige, that thread was so OCD! You were so careful! Loved the checkerboard dish towel ! The best part for me was the debate that erupted about the pros and cons of epoxy. Peeps debating whether it dried the plastic and made it brittle. That was one thread full of OCD types. I read on and saw the completed picture only to be told that you caught the tip on something and it snapped off...it was totally painful and not to mention was it brittle?. I had to laugh, as not one day went by and some other guy showed his DIY. He twisted that tip like he treats his penis and in one minute he was done. Thanks for the laughs, tears and to find someone that is a little more OCD than I am!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Ah man got car back from paint & some of the things done are just stunning, cant wait for new gearknob & complete the car.