part number for new 2011 Stronic shifter knob?

Think you'll have to ring Audi. Unless it's the same as earlier ones the electronic parts catalogue is unlikely to be that up to date.

Phone Stoke Audi who are sponsors of this forum.

Its not available yet trust me as I check daily, its in etka but no price or availability in UK.

aww :(

I see some on german ebay thou. They come with the gear knob boot. Do these come without the boot?

It says it's a simple exchange, but I'm not so sure about that.

on fourtitude someone's done the swap. apparently all you have to do is twist your gearknob because the "hole" where you push in your button in to move the shifter is east-west on pre MY11 cars, but on this it's north-south on MY11+ (if that makes sense). once you've done that apparently it's a straight swap. i'll try find the article, but it says it's really very straight forward.

on fourtitude someone's done the swap. apparently all you have to do is twist your gearknob because the "hole" where you push in your button in to move the shifter is east-west on pre MY11 cars, but on this it's north-south on MY11+ (if that makes sense). once you've done that apparently it's a straight swap. i'll try find the article, but it says it's really very straight forward.

Uh no mate that mod was mine & if you search ASN you'll find a thread & pics of the mod being/been done.

soz nigel, didn't mean to take away the credit. defos read it on fourtitude tho, maybe they were quoting your work. (or maybe it was you!)

hmm... would seem fourtitude lied to me anyway. as you've made clear it's not that easy! cheers nigel, you might just have saved my *** (and some of my money)!

Dont be a wuss lol, get it done, it is fairly simple for users now they have info, but as I was risking a £500 minimum gear selector unit that is removed from under the car, so another £500 in labour, it took me longer to research the mod, but heatgun or a small blow torch type gas soldering iron, heat & twist in 1 action, gotta do missus sb next week when I get there, also when I get the new gearknob.

Question is, is he including the gaitor aswell as the TT/S/RS includes a sided gaitor but is about £120 iirc, but S3 version prier to latest stronic MY11 comes just as the gearknob, for £88 with gaitor is actually a fair price, but with delivery would it be same as dealer, my dealer shows part number & so does my etka but no poxy price & nothing in Dial-a-Dog to order either.

everyone from Fourtitude and the world at large should thank Nige for his complete writeup. It's not a hard mod to do after you read the write up. You just need to accept that if you eff up really bad then its a 1000 dollar repair

You just need to accept that if you eff up really bad then its a 1000 dollar repair

Lmfao made me chuckle as its true, but what I have to say is I did it twice as I ****** fell back & snapped it of, so drilled a hollow hole in each part & stuck a nail in & glued back together, its been perfect ever since, phew I did infact drop a ******* or 2 when that happened, I blame the climate control not coming out lol.

Nige, that thread was so OCD! You were so careful! Loved the checkerboard dish towel ! The best part for me was the debate that erupted about the pros and cons of epoxy. Peeps debating whether it dried the plastic and made it brittle. That was one thread full of OCD types. I read on and saw the completed picture only to be told that you caught the tip on something and it snapped off...it was totally painful and not to mention was it brittle?. I had to laugh, as not one day went by and some other guy showed his DIY. He twisted that tip like he treats his penis and in one minute he was done. Thanks for the laughs, tears and to find someone that is a little more OCD than I am!

Ah man got car back from paint & some of the things done are just stunning, cant wait for new gearknob & complete the car.