DSG box remap

pengjn

Reaction score
I've just had my 2.0 TDI (140) DSG remapped by Angel Tuning and the results are brilliant. However, I was wondering if there is a remap for the DSG box, which removes the hesitation and the auto-upchange in 'manual' mode?

Revo's does, but I don't know if they have a version for your car. Have a look on their website

Revo only do upto 2008 models at present, and when I asked about new models their response was 'Its not a priority, so will not be available for the forseeable future'

HPA does and the result is smooth as silk and fast from gear to gear. Email Nik@hpamotorsport.com and he will send you a cable. You plug it in to your car and connect to your computer. Codes are uploaded to Marcel and then flash codes are downloaded and you are golden. Just mail it back

HPA does and the result is smooth as silk and fast from gear to gear. Email Nik@hpamotorsport.com and he will send you a cable. You plug it in to your car and connect to your computer. Codes are uploaded to Marcel and then flash codes are downloaded and you are golden. Just mail it back

Perfect, thanks. Ive just dropped Nik a line. Does it stop the box from auto unchanging when in manual mode? Also, does it cure the hesitation when pulling away?

Perfect - ive just dropped Nik a line. Thx v much.

Sorry to bump this thread after a while. But I'm interested in reducing the hesitation of my DSG box too... Is Nik still carrying out this work? I also noticed the company location is in America, but don't know if Nik is a contact in the UK.

Unicorn do a map for the DSG boxes i think, i messaged him on here a while back about mapping for S3 and he hasn't got back to me yet...

Us, TDI owners, do not deserve a DSG remap. Only for petrol engines.
Only a few attempts were made for diesels and I would be careful about this.
There were problems with the petrol boxes, where, lets say, there is more experience...
I'd leave it alone.

I couldn't be sure about the diesel DSG but Shark Performance remap the S3 DSG box. Im surprised your tuner didnt ask you if you wanted the DSG remap as in an S3 the DSG torque limiter comes into effect and basically limits the power going through the box so it HAS to be either patched or remapped properly. It may be a different story for diesels like I said.

Yes, the gearboxes for petrol engines are remapped by many tuners but not the ones for diesel. I've asked many and they all answered that diesel is not interesting for them. They are not willing to spend money on research/testing/etc for diesel because the market is too small and is not profitable.
Go figure!

Yes, the gearboxes for petrol engines are remapped by many tuners but not the ones for diesel. I've asked many and they all answered that diesel is not interesting for them. They are not willing to spend money on research/testing/etc for diesel because the market is too small and is not profitable.
Go figure!

May aswell take a bag of money and set fire to it. Dunno what market they're relating to then.

Unicorn do a map for the DSG boxes i think, i messaged him on here a while back about mapping for S3 and he hasn't got back to me yet...

Your best off getting his mob number the from the his site and going from there, or the business email. He doesnt always come on here to check things.