04 changed to 09 A3 rear lights ? can this be done?

SneakaFreaka83

ASN is hazardous 2 your wallet
Reaction score
yo guys...

Just seeing if anyone knows if it is possible to upgrade to the 09 rear clusters on a 04 ? if so does anyone know if it is a straight swap or alot of modification to bodywork and wires are needed?.. Thanks:eyebrows:

really?... thats perfect yep its a 3 door so it should literally be like for like?.. thanks again.. you have put a smile on my face :) now its time to find a set ha

Good luck, rare to find on ebay, and they ain't cheap from the stealers!!!

5 min job, boot open, undo screw inside boot, take light off (carefully), unplug, plug new light in, put it in place, put screw back in

DONE

Yep, a definite straight swap. Good luck finding a second hand set though.... I've been looking for months!
Probably gonna buy brand new from Audi if I don't find a set soon.

Yeah couldnt be easier, direct swap, I've done it on mine!

thanks for that.... you know any places apart from ebay that they can be found at? cant wait to get my hands on them to change now.....:w00t:

great thanks guys....... if you get yours soon pls post pics up and il do same

Did mine on saturday in my driveway. All you need is a flat head screwdriver, and the units themselves. Paid £165 from Audi main dealer, they come with all the bulbs so it's literally plug and play. Check the thread I started to see the end product.

Removal instructions are in your owners manual

:wacko:thanks bro where is the thread you got photos on it?.... couldnt seem to find your thread?...

here's the photo. mine's an S-Line tho

DSC04309.jpg

nope but i'll take one tonight, just for you :p

is it £163 for the pair of lights if it is then that is a bargain does anybody know how much they are trade price im thinking of doing this myself coz i hate aftermarket clusters some of them look sooo tacky

is it £163 for the pair of lights if it is then that is a bargain does anybody know how much they are trade price im thinking of doing this myself coz i hate aftermarket clusters some of them look sooo tacky

it was £83.02 per light, total £166.04. that was the price Stoke Audi gave me, and Leeds Audi matched it no questions asked. no idea about the trade price.

:yes:thanks guys.. do anyone know the parts number so I def get the right ones for my car?... oh and I have to say the rear looks damn nice bro... love that pic... gotta be done gunna order mine ASAP oh... pls put up a night pic would love to see ...

christ that is cheap i think im gunna have to get me a set of them now they look so much better than the old ones i love the slim indicator and the side light to look awesome at night i was behind one last night and thought i have to get some of them :drool:

part codes:
http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=87

Marc got 'em cheaper than me too the b'tard. there's also night photos in there

he's also very kindly informed us that SB cars need a new loom and some VCDS coding. it has been done before. have a look at N8's car.

Last edited:
Ok mine are second hand, but my set of 09 rear lights set me back a grand total of....£45.50!!! :eyebrows::wub:

christ now thats cheap !!where did u find them ,i suppose it doesnt matter if they are second hand if they are tidy does it

christ now thats cheap !!where did u find them ,i suppose it doesnt matter if they are second hand if they are tidy does it

Ebay! I bought one from a guy at £20, and the other at £25.50, all incl. p+p. Cheap as chips.

Dan got the deal of century!

**Can someone tell me where the smiley icon has gone???

agreed. Cheapest I've seen a single light for was £49.99 before postage