S3 front Grill Badge alteration??? to Quattro???? Advice needed

Sarah's A3

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
Reaction score
Hiya, Fitting the S3 Optics Grill but dont want to keep the S3 badge on it. I'm after trying to fudge it to get the Quattro one but using the fitment from the S3 (if that makes sense) Has anyone done this??

Do the badges just pull apart so the front leaves the back fitment part or will they just snap and break???

I really want my Quattro badge back on but it just wont fit, even if I try to glue it, so trying to use the S3's fitment.

33e9648d.jpg

f3fb25df.jpg

Again thanks in advance

Sarah peal off the S3 so you just have the fitment and see if you can get the quattro badge of its fitment and sticky tape or glue the quattro logo to the s3 fitment if that makes sense lol? I just slowly pealed off the S3 logo off the fitment as its only attached by sticky back tape of some sort.

Last edited:
Yeap peel of S3 & red diamond shape, clean up sticky bits with white spirit, then with double sided sticky padded tape stick quattro on front of the S3 back plate, dont use glue as its brittle & will possibly fall of with knocks & bangs, sticky padded tape is durable & will move so wont get knocked of, I did this with my SLine badge.

Thanks Nige, job sorted, thanks

Benskin, thanks, brill and wow love the pic of the puppy! Gorgeous!

not to be pedantic(but I am) but we don't drive cars with quattro. We have haldex and 4-motion. I would rather see you put a Haldex performance badge on rather than quattro. I have one and will post a pic if you want.

not to be pedantic(but I am) but we don't drive cars with quattro. We have haldex and 4-motion. I would rather see you put a Haldex performance badge on rather than quattro. I have one and will post a pic if you want.

I don't think people will care.....

Any pics Sarah?

No more suspence Sarah. Load the pics.

tcardio my car has quattro plastered on the glove box - are Audi conning me [crying smiley if I could find the icon].

Nah! mine is deffo Quattro! and I'm happy with my modded quattro badge thanks.

I don't think people will care.....

Any pics Sarah?

Hey Sarah,
Did you finally manage to get your S3 front on the car then?
haven't been on for a while...

No more suspence Sarah. Load the pics.

Hey guys!!!! Well he is in as I type having all his bits painted and wings blended lol! Getting him back Wednesday so I can fit the bumpers and alloys (prefer to do this myself) and will take a humungus amount of pics. I cant believe its actually going ahead, as you know its been ages and ages...........

Just hope my V6 S3 hybrid lol looks ok, but hey, i'll love him so thats cool.

Hopefully I will be bringing him to AITP if I can get him clean after being away all the week before!!!

But will post pics once hes done!

I like how yours is a him and i call mine a her

Can we get them together to make lil S3 looky like babies?

or V6s with diesel economy... imagine that!

I'd be the first in the queue lol, mines a thirsty boy and costs a bomb to run! But hey, you only live once!!!

how much did it cost u sarah 2 get all the parts to do the s3 conv on the front coz this is planned for the front of mine the s3 bumper is:wub:

Any pics, my S-Line badge is kinda rammed into my grille.

There you go N8, gives you an idea. I really didnt want the S3 badge on even though I love the kit!

fa439d8a.jpg

5f53a4f3.jpg

Not got a pic of it on the grill yet as its not here but will asap! But at least it will clip in just right now!

Any pics, my S-Line badge is kinda rammed into my grille.

Dude give me a shout I can advise & show you closeup pics of my mod of this, looks OEM mate.

What utter nonsense!

Audi use the term Quattro to describe both the Haldex system and the Torsen CD (not 4Motion, thats VW branding for Haldex) so using your methodology we'd re-badge an RS4 with "Torsen type III planetary type center differential"....might not fit on the grill though eh??

Both systems drive 4 wheels (be it temporarily under certain conditions or permanently) so I think using the term quattro (meaning 4) is perfectly allowed.

Looking forward to seeing the finished mod Sarah!

Last edited:
What utter nonsense!

Audi use the term Quattro to describe both the Haldex system and the Torsen CD (not 4Motion, thats VW branding for Haldex) so using your methodology we'd re-badge an RS4 with "Torsen type III planetary type center differential"....might not fit on the grill though eh??

Both systems drive 4 wheels (be it temporarily under certain conditions or permanently) so I think using the term quattro (meaning 4) is perfectly allowed.

Looking forward to seeing the finished mod Sarah!

Well Said there!!

thanks, lets hope he looks ok, getting worried now lol! But still cant wait!!!

A taster lol, me getting the front bumper off.

3129858c.jpg

91bdeac6.jpg

Last edited: