NEED SOME INDUCTION ADVISE PLS!!!!

SneakaFreaka83

ASN is hazardous 2 your wallet
Reaction score
Hey all.... wanna know what Induction Kit is the best to get for my A3 2.0 FSI.... any help please wanna try and order it next couple of days can you let me know what all of you have got and the pros and cons... Thanks:yes:

So its not TFSI then, if not then just use oem or a green panel filter as pointless expense otherwise, will make no real difference.

Hey all.... wanna know what Induction Kit is the best to get for my A3 2.0 FSI.... any help please wanna try and order it next couple of days can you let me know what all of you have got and the pros and cons... Thanks:yes:

As NHN has already said,don't waste your money on anything other than a simple panel filter change,as you'll end up spending vast amounts of cash for little gain.

Thanks guys.. really I wanted to get a better sound to the car more than anything else I am going to get a milltek exhaust aswell but heard that there are a few issues with some of the Inductions so your input would be extremly valuable.. thanks again...

Thanks guys.. really I wanted to get a better sound to the car more than anything else I am going to get a milltek exhaust aswell but heard that there are a few issues with some of the Inductions so your input would be extremly valuable.. thanks again...

You really don't need a £1k+ exhaust system on this engine....you won't get much in the way of bhp gains,as NHn has already explained on your other thread,and it WILL cost an arm and a leg,assuming either Milltek or Blueflame will build/sell you one for a non-turbo A3...which they do not currently list.

Oiled induction filters are generally accepted to be a bad idea as some of that can coat your MAF sensor and lead to errors,and others based on new piping and cone filters will both cost a lot,and offer you little in return.

Simple panel filters such as the Pipercross will do the job,and may give you a few extra horses,but all of those gains,including the 10-12bhp from a remap will only come at the top of the rev range,and you'll have to work it pretty hard to notice anything much.

You may be better advised to spend a bit on aftermarket springs and roll bars if you really want to spend,as this may enable you to use the current power more effectively......even that isn't cheap.

Just step back a bit and think carefully about the costs and gains.

Last edited:
S3 alex thanks so much.. I was looking for something that was silly and after your advise I am now going to go and spend my money more wisely on upgrading the handling and looks of the car so thabnk you very much and will psot a pic up soon...

S3 alex thanks so much.. I was looking for something that was silly and after your advise I am now going to go and spend my money more wisely on upgrading the handling and looks of the car so thabnk you very much and will psot a pic up soon...

Thank you......I hope you enjoy it...I'm sure you'll get more fun out of using the performance it's got,than going after something out of reach,and often a good handling car with less outright power is more usable than one with crap handling and more power.