MV Sport Exhaust

willmac

Reaction score
Just had the cat back section installed, the tail pipes sit a lot further under the rear valance than the original exhaust. For anyone else that has this exhaust installed are your tail pipes the same as this or as per OE ?
I think it spoils the look of the car at the rear now with tail pipes so far in
Cheers

How come you didnt go for the full system? If not Downpipe and cat would have been better for performance. I think only 2 people on here have the full system, don't remember their names off heart but they did not report any issues like that.

davidphillps i think it was... and warrencox.. i think they have MV sport matey

willmac just been on MVsport site... heres a pic of how it should look although i reckon this has the full system... Maybe its cause you dont have the full system?? or maybe cause this is a 3dr??
MVSportS36.jpg

Cheers for the replies, mine looks nothing like the pictures from the website , I will get a photo later.
Just does not look right to me at all.

As for not wanting the extra performance, to be honest I am pretty happy with what the car has got. I know my limitations on the driver front and at the moment the S3 has more than enough for me.
Used to do a lot of track days at Knockhill when i had the 911 and there was one guy that used to go that always had GT3's, GT3 RS's etc, and i thought he was only quick due to the cars he drove. However, we were all put to shame when he arrived in a Vectra diesel one night and wiped the floor with the lot of us. The man could drive ! Learning to use the power you have is the secret, unless of course you just want to go fast in a straight line.

Driving a car is like making love to a beautiful woman, it all happens in the curves! lol

Spoke to the MV guys at Inters and it looked like good kit on and of their demo car.
Thta was a full system BTW.

Good luck
Paul

I got A4Audi to install it , Clydebank, here are 2 x shots below of how it looks. I think it looks sh*t to be honest, surely can't be right. Thinking of going back to the OEM system as it has really spoilt the look of the car. Sounds OK, but not quite the rasp I was expecting either.
IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

Last edited:
Nah its not right that willmac is it, it should as you say stick past the rear valance as per the shot above, strange one that.

Thats a shame because the tailpipes are really nice, I wonder how that hapenned!

Surely A4Audi will sort that free of charge

IMO this is clearly a 3dr version fitted to your sportback. The exhausts are identical apart from the tailpipes. Do MV sport make one for a sportback yet???

I think you have been the 3dr system too.
Re the sounds thats surprising because my set up is pretty load when your on it and sounds pretty meaty/aggressive, MUCh more then stock.

So the wrong exhaust or bad fitment. Im surprised you even had to ask on here Will...that picture is shocking..make sure you get supplied the correct exhaust and get it fitted properly and I am sure your doubts about the exhaust will go away and you will get to enjoy it. Just looked at pic again..looks awful.

I'm sure its been fitted very well...........Its just the wrong part!!!

Just been on MV Sports website and there is no mention of a sportback version. When you ordered it did they ask if your car was 3dr? Because the SB S3 is still new on the market i'm not suprised they dont list one.

looks terrible... as mentioned looks as if its a 3dr version.. would complain quite strongly... im sure theyll sort it out without an issue..

I think those are GTI CBE since they sit shorter than the Sportback. I think I've seen similar issue on the American forums.