Badger5Volks Autos
    events moderator

Status

after market xenon headlights

hi there does anyone know what type of after market xenon headlights i can put in my 2004 a3 i had some in there before and it blew the wipers and cost nearly Ł300 to fix but i miss having xenon headlights they are sooo much better to drive with at night or is it cheapish to put oem xenon headlights in my car all help appreciated
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    if youd invested in retrofitting oems you wouldnt have tha problem, speak to nhn, he is a top knowlageable bloke and will hook you up

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

6th Gear

Status
    They aren't that cheap to do properly but I'd recommend doing i properly. VOSA have informed that in the near future Xenons will be checked to make sure they are type approved etc. We have also have people coming in with rectification notices issued by the police for having incorrect type of bulbs fitted.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

events moderator

Status
    lol i bought my car second hand but did look 4 xenon's as part of the spec but nothing came up when i bought mine but if i sell ym car then it will defo be on the must have list , it is a bit of a grey area when it comes 2 xenon's coz of the colour temp u have some are just 2 blue and some are 2 bright and incorrectly adjusted etc but mine pasted the mot with them in because i went for the white ones so the are very close 2 oem spec ones but i will keep an eye out on ebay etc.. fingers crossed something will turn up

V16
    1st Gear

Status
    also wish i had xenons on mine, but for now i've got phillips diamond vision h7. i think they are the closest h7 bulbs to look like xenons but they do look good. http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-...ght-Bulbs.html
    Black A3 S-line 2.0TDi
    Mods: Hybrid Turbo - Custom Exhaust - Weitec Coilovers - Tints - Gloss Black Optics Grill - Led Number Plate Lights - Led Interior Lights - S3 Mirrors - Retro Fitted Arm Rest - 09 rear lights - R8 Oil Cap - Phillips Diamond Vision Lights

events moderator

Status
    i think that maybe my best option till i can get some oem xenon's and retro fit them