Brake upgrade help needed ASAP!

PTTM

Pedal to the Metal!!!
Reaction score
Gents your expertise on brakes is required again!
I have tried to get all info by searching other threads but i still need a little more info.
I have a 2006 a3 2.0tdi 3dr and desperately need the entire brake setup replacing as im at 101,000 miles and have only replaced the pads since buying 3 years ago at 16,000 miles.
I have read that the R32 / S3 / 3.2 brake setups are 'almost' identical.
So for me to get that setup and get a garage to fit them labour only I would need to provide them with the following:
- Brake discs
- Pads
- Calipers
- Carriers
- Brake Lines

Where would you recommend I start looking and would I just ask if they have the parts for the R32 / S3 / 3.2 braking system?
Do I need the setup from the same year as my car (2006)?
As the brakes aren't intended for my car, will it take considerably longer for the garage to fit the above larger brakes rather than replace like for like?

Obviously if I cant acquire the above would some grooved discs and ebc redstuff pads be a considerable improvement on the stock brakes, which frankly suck!

Any other things I should take into consideration?

Thanks again chaps!

Your options are as you stated above with possibly the splash guards as well, ebay should provide these used for £200-250ish. or if you change your carriers for the 312mm ones, then the disks and pads (splash guards maybe) you can go to 312mm setup. this should be cheaper although when I was looking I ended up finding the r32 ones cheap first.

Obviously if I cant acquire the above would some grooved discs and ebc redstuff pads be a considerable improvement on the stock brakes, which frankly suck!

EBC stuff is the devil! Stay clear! Black Diamond Combi discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads and you'll be sorted!

I usually get my stuff from these guys -

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_manufacturer.mhtml?category=brkes

Front -

Black Diamond Combi 288 x 25mm - £135
Ferodo DS2500 Pads - £129

Rear -

Black Diamond Combi 255 x 10mm - £140
Black Diamond Predator Pads - £38

Thats the set up i run on my 306 Rallye track car, as good a brake as you'll get for the standard size without going 2-piece etc.

Black Diamond Combi

Thanks Cimic / Crunchie!
I heard that EBC can be troublesome from the lads at GFS Parts. Although some people swear by them on here!!! So ill give them a miss, even though I have greenstuff on my fronts atm :s
Will the Black Diamonds combi be worth the wedge?
Still wouldnt mind the nice big discs that you get off the 3.2Q on my tdi.....ah well beggars cant be choosers ;)

I'm not too clued up with the whold std master cylinder thing, might be wasting your time without doing it?

Choices, Choices!!!! Im sticking with your first idea crunchie! Black Diamond combi etc! Thanks everyone