Bonnet Bras

One of the lads up in Scotland has one, i dont think they are very active though as i asked for pictures a good while ago.

I'm leaning towards some protective vinyl now there seems to be allot of cons to having a bra on the car. heard some horror story's too.

Never understood the concept of bonnet bras. In an attempt to prevent stone-chips, they make your car look ****** awful all the time. I'd rather put up with the stonechips and then fork out for a bonnet respray a few years down the line.

One of the lads up in Scotland has one, i dont think they are very active though as i asked for pictures a good while ago

I knew I'd seen one somewhere, then chanced across a thread with it on - it's Paul Laird...

Stu - do an advanced search on his name - he's got a pretty small pic of his white S3 with one fitted.

Not to my taste either but each to their own...

Dont get one, they ruin the paint on your bonnet going completely against what they are designed to do!

The rain washes the dirt down behinf them, then when you drive they move about scratching all the dirt into your paint! Waste of time and effort!

If you get one, as said above, it should only be used for 'show' and not to be left on the car. Some people like them, some don't. There was a Golf at GTI Inters with a tan leather interior that had a bra to match, and, looked pretty good.

its all about the brand!

GTI2010063.jpg

We have a fair amount of construction going on atm on our highways... So i have to use it often when i travel on them
Photo791Large.jpg

Never understood the concept of bonnet bras. In an attempt to prevent stone-chips, they make your car look ****** awful all the time. I'd rather put up with the stonechips and then fork out for a bonnet respray a few years down the line.

Agreed. They look ridiculous.

stick my name down in the "thinks they look daft" column too.

unless they cover the windscreen/headlights/grille/etc then they dont actually protect much of the car, and if you're that bothered about showing off your shiny 1/3rd of a bonnet then why would you cover it up?

Hmmmmmmm ! Do you need to start it off with a trainer Bra ?... and would knickers on the back stop that getting chipped as well ?

Just goes to show however ridiculous an idea is...someone will buy it. People used to fit tank covers on bikes to protect the paint work, Dust and crap would get under the cover and as the it moved about it would attack the paint like a sheet of 1000 wet/dry.

Well i think they look pretty cool but i just like anything thats different, within reason. quite retro in my mind.