Have I got the correct EGR valve?

RS84

R15 - TDI Power
Reaction score
Had the engine cover off this afternoon, and noticed that where my EGR valve mates to the intake manifold it doesn't seem to match up exactly. See the 2 threaded holes marked in red in the second photo.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

EGR1.jpg

EGR2.jpg

When i clean mine out a little while ago. I cleaned the manifold aswell. Then i got a fault code saying "insufficient air flow"! I was like :s so i just had the egr removed and had the warning light mapped out. I noticed a slight increase in mpg after doing this.

I've got an EGR related fault code up now too, that's why I was going to clean it. Was it a difficult job? Access looks a little awkward...

If it's still giving trouble after that I might look into a delete kit too. Which one did you go for?

I've got an EGR related fault code up now too, that's why I was going to clean it. Was it a difficult job? Access looks a little awkward...

If it's still giving trouble after that I might look into a delete kit too. Which one did you go for?

PM sent!

navnayyar, after you cleaned the EGR and the fault code came up....had you soaked the EGR in cleaning fluid eg: paraffin?

I soaked mine and got a fault, I think it must have ruined the diaphragm inside or its seal.

navnayyar, after you cleaned the EGR and the fault code came up....had you soaked the EGR in cleaning fluid eg: paraffin?

I soaked mine and got a fault, I think it must have ruined the diaphragm inside or its seal.

yes i soaked the egr and manifold in petrol to clean it. Im not quite sure how the fault came up, maybe the soaking. its weird never had a fualt when it was covered with gunk before but "insufficient air flow" after i cleaned it out! Doent matter now, had it removed so no faults and runs better!