Volks AutosSky Insurance
    R15 - TDI Power

Status

Have I got the correct EGR valve?

Had the engine cover off this afternoon, and noticed that where my EGR valve mates to the intake manifold it doesn't seem to match up exactly. See the 2 threaded holes marked in red in the second photo.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

A3 Sport 2.0 TDI 140 Sportback DSG - Silver Metalic - Beige Vienna Leather - Aluminium Roof Rails - Light & Rain Sensors - Phatnoise

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Perfectly normal mate!

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

R15 - TDI Power

Status
    Nice one navnayyar, thanks.

Now to clean the bloody thing!
    A3 Sport 2.0 TDI 140 Sportback DSG - Silver Metalic - Beige Vienna Leather - Aluminium Roof Rails - Light & Rain Sensors - Phatnoise

4th Gear

Status
    When i clean mine out a little while ago. I cleaned the manifold aswell. Then i got a fault code saying "insufficient air flow"! I was like :s so i just had the egr removed and had the warning light mapped out. I noticed a slight increase in mpg after doing this.

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.

R15 - TDI Power

Status
    I've got an EGR related fault code up now too, that's why I was going to clean it. Was it a difficult job? Access looks a little awkward...

If it's still giving trouble after that I might look into a delete kit too. Which one did you go for?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RS84 View Post
    I've got an EGR related fault code up now too, that's why I was going to clean it. Was it a difficult job? Access looks a little awkward...

If it's still giving trouble after that I might look into a delete kit too. Which one did you go for?
    PM sent!

2nd Gear

Status
    navnayyar, after you cleaned the EGR and the fault code came up....had you soaked the EGR in cleaning fluid eg: paraffin?

I soaked mine and got a fault, I think it must have ruined the diaphragm inside or its seal.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyquicky View Post
    navnayyar, after you cleaned the EGR and the fault code came up....had you soaked the EGR in cleaning fluid eg: paraffin?

I soaked mine and got a fault, I think it must have ruined the diaphragm inside or its seal.
    yes i soaked the egr and manifold in petrol to clean it. Im not quite sure how the fault came up, maybe the soaking. its weird never had a fualt when it was covered with gunk before but "insufficient air flow" after i cleaned it out! Doent matter now, had it removed so no faults and runs better!

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Phatboyruss1 On Twitter Visit Phatboyruss1's Instagram Channel
    What EGR delete kit did you use? Did you get a management light/fault code come up?