EM TuningJMB Retrofits
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: S3RYE's Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    Parada's or 888's
    arnt they a bit twitchy in the wet? or you gonna be sticking the PS2's back on in the winter months?
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    arnt they a bit twitchy in the wet? or you gonna be sticking the PS2's back on in the winter months?
    u got it!! got about 3-3.5mm at the moment... so gonna drive like a fanny for a few weeks whilst i get new clutch/bed it on & hopefully once its ready ill have a few quid to do the tyres... might buy one at a time haha!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

6th Gear

Status
    haha know what you mean, rubber is expensive!
    im gonna have to invest in some new stuff soon, dunno what to go tho as with the way winters are going, dont want anything thats gonna be a compromise 4-5 months of the year, may look at the pilot super sports but think they are serious money!
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

Interior Next!!

Status
    haha know what you mean, rubber is expensive!
    im gonna have to invest in some new stuff soon, dunno what to go tho as with the way winters are going, dont want anything thats gonna be a compromise 4-5 months of the year, may look at the pilot super sports but think they are serious money!
    trust me and get PS2's.... ive tried contis, pirellis, toyos, goodyears & these have blown them all away... in the dry they literally go sticky! in the wet they are extremely composed...
    S

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings

6th Gear

Status
    trust me and get PS2's.... ive tried contis, pirellis, toyos, goodyears & these have blown them all away... in the dry they literally go sticky! in the wet they are extremely composed...
    will prob go that route... need to stump up some money for rotors & pads first

5th Gear

Status
    looks lovely , another happy stage 2+ guy, you cant beat it.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    looks lovely , another happy stage 2+ guy, you cant beat it.
    Cheers Akash, Tbh i cant see myself needing anymore power out of the car.. Its immense!! Obv i want to get the misfire sorted and boost turned up but its enough... Ill prob buy few bits to help it run better... FMIC & Oil Catch Cans but thats about it.... Brakes are a MUST though! and ARB's...
    S

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for all the updates mate, interesting reading the progress of everything. I got my car remapped last month and I think mine is misfiring a little bit as well when I put the power down, need to do some motorway driving to be sure though

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gordongecko View Post
    Thanks for all the updates mate, interesting reading the progress of everything. I got my car remapped last month and I think mine is misfiring a little bit as well when I put the power down, need to do some motorway driving to be sure though
    no problem, whats your symptoms?

Dr Ryan
    S

Rarely neutral

Status
    Cheers Akash, Tbh i cant see myself needing anymore power out of the car.. Its immense!! Obv i want to get the misfire sorted and boost turned up but its enough... Ill prob buy few bits to help it run better... FMIC & Oil Catch Cans but thats about it.... Brakes are a MUST though! and ARB's...
    Misfire may turn out to be as simple as new plugs being required...mine did this a while back,and we knew it wasn't the coilpacks etc,so a new set of OEM plugs cured it completely.

I would recommend the ProAlloy intercooler or perhaps the THS,and a catch can is essential on any tuned S3.

Brakes....the AP kit is good,as is the VWRacing kit,and I can vouch for that one,as can JonnyC and a few others over at VAGOC.
    If you haven't had the suspension uprated,don't stop with the ARBs as you will get far more out of the car by changing the suspension to something like kWv3 as well,and if you really want the maximum,add in a Haldex controller to control the understeer.

5th Gear

Status
    Ryan - this any use to you?

VAGOC.co.uk | VAGOC.co.uk
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

Neutral

Status
    no problem, whats your symptoms?

Dr Ryan
    Don't want to hijack your thread mate, not 100% sure yet, but when flooring the accelerator at around 30mph in 3rd gear as the revs shoot up there is a momentary hesitation at around 4000-4500 revs where the rev counter sort of "stutters". Almost as if the wheels have slipped slightly but that's not the cause. Need to do some more driving to try and pinpoint it all down and replicate the problem a few times

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Misfire may turn out to be as simple as new plugs being required...mine did this a while back,and we knew it wasn't the coilpacks etc,so a new set of OEM plugs cured it completely.

I would recommend the ProAlloy intercooler or perhaps the THS,and a catch can is essential on any tuned S3.

Brakes....the AP kit is good,as is the VWRacing kit,and I can vouch for that one,as can JonnyC and a few others over at VAGOC.
    If you haven't had the suspension uprated,don't stop with the ARBs as you will get far more out of the car by changing the suspension to something like kWv3 as well,and if you really want the maximum,add in a Haldex controller to control the understeer.
    all sparks plugs and coilpacks already chnaged over it seems to definately be the valve springs.. James (waring192) had all the same symptoms afair and he had the work carried out under warranty.. id like to use his dealer but hes well far from me!!

I have plans for the suspension & brakes... just need to get funds.. its all a lot harder now i have moved out.. a lot less disposable income!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesS4cab View Post
    Ryan - this any use to you?

VAGOC.co.uk | VAGOC.co.uk
    it would be but clutch has to come first! thats the one ill go for though!

Quote Originally Posted by gordongecko View Post
    Don't want to hijack your thread mate, not 100% sure yet, but when flooring the accelerator at around 30mph in 3rd gear as the revs shoot up there is a momentary hesitation at around 4000-4500 revs where the rev counter sort of "stutters". Almost as if the wheels have slipped slightly but that's not the cause. Need to do some more driving to try and pinpoint it all down and replicate the problem a few times
    sounds like more of a slipping clutch issue mate...
    S

Neutral

Status

sounds like more of a slipping clutch issue mate...
    Ah really? Hmmmm, thanks, I thought that was a misfire symptom. I was expecting I'd need a new clutch at some point but am hoping mine has some mileage left in it yet!

Interior Next!!

Status
    right guys bit of an update,

Cars going to Amd next week, not sure what day yet but its to have the Sachs clutch/Oem DMF fitted as well as some Arbs's which i was lucky enough to get at a blinding price from fellow forum member Boggym (thanks again) + also going to wrap my Evoms in the gold tape to help with the heat-soak issure ready for summer (although i think we might have already had our summer ) whilst they have my car stripped down to keep myself occupied... I'm quite bored of going to Lakeside to kill time, im starting to know the shop workers from being up there so much seeing Amd lol...

Just wanted to also thanks Quattro 1981 (chris) who pretty much made it all happen with the ARB's! he actually collected them on my behalf and paid for them until i could get down to him.. Which i did on saturday with a couple of mates and we ended up chilling at Chris's all afternoon, what a top bloke!!

sneaky couple pics, car absolute filth at the moment & was made to look even worse sitting next to his 11 plate

one thing Chris and I couldnt get over was how low his car was!!! lower than my S3 on H&R's... his is on Eibach springs!!
    quattro81 likes this.
    S

Interior Next!!

Status
    one more pic Chris sent me! I'd put more up but im unale to edit the plates out as its his acount!!

S

3rd Gear
    Aski Champion

Status
    More progress. . . . its been a while

5th Gear

Status
    needs an RS6 steering wheel lol
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Hol View Post
    More progress. . . . its been a while
    Yeh had some hard times in my life lately so cars been on the back burner!! buuuuutt... all is good nbow so big things in the near future... There will also be a THS FMIC and Forge Catch can getting ordered next month...

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    needs an RS6 steering wheel lol
    let me guess your selling it?? lol!
    S

5th Gear

Status
    yep yep: new car on the way
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

All the gear.. No idea

Status

one thing Chris and I couldnt get over was how low his car was!!! lower than my S3 on H&R's... his is on Eibach springs!!
    they're H&R's dude! That's the weirdest bit of all!! - they should be the same shouldn't they.....?? Still can't work out if it was the dangle of my drive, or an optical illusion due to the different style rims or what..? Very strange tho mate huh?
    Red is the colour..

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    one more pic Chris sent me! I'd put more up but im unale to edit the plates out as its his acount!!

Sorry dude .. I'll get right on it..! Pics look good tho..
    Last edited by quattro81; 13th June 2011 at 20:11.
    Red is the colour..

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro 1981 View Post
    they're H&R's dude! That's the weirdest bit of all!! - they should be the same shouldn't they.....?? Still can't work out if it was the dangle of my drive, or an optical illusion due to the different style rims or what..? Very strange tho mate huh?

who knows its a bit of a mystery!!
    S

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add pinterovski on Facebook
    H&R's are always higher at rear,correct if i'm wrong!

How long do you have H&R springs and how long does your mate have the Eibach spring installed?
    Black roof,Tinted windows,Solar Orange Calipers,KW V3 Coilovers,
    HEKO Wind Deflectors,CAI ITG Maxogen,Non Res Supersprint Exhaust CB with custom Fi76mm DP,
    RevD with GFB DV+,Autotech HPFP,Custom SKN map Stage2,Forge ShortShifter,THS mounts,
    Twintercooler,Clutch is now on LOBA/SACHS!!!
    18 OZ Ultraleggera!
    365HP and 500NM of torque!

6th Gear

Status
    what size rims are on both cars?

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pinterovski View Post
    H&R's are always higher at rear,correct if i'm wrong!

How long do you have H&R springs and how long does your mate have the Eibach spring installed?
    Dude! They're not Eibach... They're both H&R...! That's why there is some confusion as to the difference in ride height appearance... And both wheels are 18's as far as I'm aware.. That right Ryan?
    Red is the colour..

6th Gear

Status
    Are they 25mm springs (as in the S3 ones) or 50-60mm drop ones?
    Also could be optical due to the different look of the rims? Or rye what spec is your ps2s? 255/40?

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Also could be optical due to the different look of the rims? Or rye what spec is your ps2s? 255/40?
    Monster truck tyres lol!
    Yo jungle...! You got your hpfp bits and dv yet? Also.. I found 1 piece of paperwork (the instructions for the dv) you want me to post it to you mate? If so, pm me with you address and I'll send it.. Cha mon...
    Are you going to gti inter? Cos Rye says you're a laugh, and I'm looking forward to seeing your beast! yours and Ryan's make my pony non-S3 feel a bit like a wet w**k in a blanket lol... And there's me promising myself no modding this time! Lol
    Red is the colour..

6th Gear

Status
    Think I've already downloaded the instructions, but I'll have a look and I'd I ain't I'll give you a shout
    Na not got them yet, not had a chance to link up with rye, need to though as got his door card sat in my room lol
    Am hoping to go, trying to get the day off work, so will hopefully know in a day or so, Haha will be good if I can make it, if not have to all link up and go for a drive.

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Yer he showed me his door car damage..! I'm not sure if I can't make it myself yet 100%, but I'm gonna see what I can do.. I'll come for a lil cruise with you guys at some point, but only when my tractor beam is installed lol, otherwise you'll leave me breathing s3 stage 2 fumes!
    Red is the colour..

Interior Next!!

Status
    yeh i think the wheels on Chris's have an effect on ride height looks... all the TTRS's with them look lowwww....

tyres are 225/40/18 PS2!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lingy. View Post
    what size rims are on both cars?
    18" on both!

Monster truck tyres lol!
    Yo jungle...! You got your hpfp bits and dv yet? Also.. I found 1 piece of paperwork (the instructions for the dv) you want me to post it to you mate? If so, pm me with you address and I'll send it.. Cha mon...
    Are you going to gti inter? Cos Rye says you're a laugh, and I'm looking forward to seeing your beast! yours and Ryan's make my pony non-S3 feel a bit like a wet w**k in a blanket lol... And there's me promising myself no modding this time! Lol
    Chris you'll be fine bro!! will porbs be runnin my clutch in then so will be snail pace most of the time anyway, hopefully not on way home though haha!!

Think I've already downloaded the instructions, but I'll have a look and I'd I ain't I'll give you a shout
    Na not got them yet, not had a chance to link up with rye, need to though as got his door card sat in my room lol
    Am hoping to go, trying to get the day off work, so will hopefully know in a day or so, Haha will be good if I can make it, if not have to all link up and go for a drive.
    haha!! u should see my office i got internals here, dv's, arbs, clutches, engine covers, orig springs!!! like a garage here!!

Yer he showed me his door car damage..! I'm not sure if I can't make it myself yet 100%, but I'm gonna see what I can do.. I'll come for a lil cruise with you guys at some point, but only when my tractor beam is installed lol, otherwise you'll leave me breathing s3 stage 2 fumes!
    if you dont come inters, Ace cafe will be on although thats a mission for you!!
    S

6th Gear

Status
    Haha wouldn't worry bout keeping up... I don't take mine beyond 3rd
    225 is what I meant, damn iPhone lol
    Haha that's pretty bad, I've got my engine cover and springs in mine as well lol!
    When you want to go ace cafe mate? Am free pretty much the whole time now, well evenings anyway so am good whenever.
    Also you got your car booked in with AMD yet?

Interior Next!!

Status
    Haha wouldn't worry bout keeping up... I don't take mine beyond 3rd
    225 is what I meant, damn iPhone lol
    Haha that's pretty bad, I've got my engine cover and springs in mine as well lol!
    When you want to go ace cafe mate? Am free pretty much the whole time now, well evenings anyway so am good whenever.
    Also you got your car booked in with AMD yet?
    no im trying to get the release bearing and dmf, cant find your link and am not 100% it will fit or can you guarantee me the minute i know when im recieving them ill book it in...
    S

6th Gear

Status
    These were the people

Car Parts and Car Accessories - Buy Parts By

Give them a call and they can check parts by your reg number and get them shipped to you like next day if they are in stock.

Interior Next!!

Status
    These were the people

Car Parts and Car Accessories - Buy Parts By

Give them a call and they can check parts by your reg number and get them shipped to you like next day if they are in stock.
    for some reason it wont let me link the link in.... its says from 06 onwards BHZ engine code.. will that be ok? its the only listed... also what else did i need? is it a release bearing or slave cylinder??
    Last edited by S3RYE; 14th June 2011 at 14:49.
    S

6th Gear

Status
    Give them a call mate, they will know for sure, but pretty sure it should be the same one
    You need the release bearing as well and then your good to go!

Interior Next!!

Status
    Give them a call mate, they will know for sure, but pretty sure it should be the same one
    You need the release bearing as well and then your good to go!
    apparently they never sold the release bearing, chingford Audi just quoted £70.88inc vat... is that right price??
    S

6th Gear

Status
    Odd I got the release bearing from them... Was like 20 odd quid I think
    I ain't at a computer till tomorrow night, if you can quit I'll have a check for you or dig out my shipping note.

Interior Next!!

Status
    all sorted, spoke to AMD...

Although the DMF is listed as BHZ engine code they are both the same!!

releas ebearing from AMD £45 compared to Audi's £70

DMF from buypartsbuy is £280 inc delivery and vat compared to Audi £650 OMG!!
    S

6th Gear

Status
    Ah sweet
    I know audi take the piss with some of their part pricing!
    Get it ordered lad! Haha

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast