GROUP BUY - REVO REMAP@AMD TECHNIK ESSEX - GAUGING INTEREST

330_2_S3

Reaction score
I have booked my car in at the end of the month for a Stage 1 REVO remap @AMD in essex for my 2007 8P S3

I was just wondering if anyone else might be interested in booking a slot some time in the next 2 months maybe in order for us all to gain a group buy discount. (Guy on the phone said it should take 2-3 hours)

IF I get enough response off this thread I will enquire about it and get in touch with the people down at AMD.

If not then I guess we will all have to pay full wack!

Cheers,

i did this when i got my map.. guys at AMD are sweet like that.. im sure you can rack up a few people to do it with you... i was just about to call AMD to get a price on Milltek TBE + Stage 2 software + spark plug change... shame i cant be part of the group buy...

i did this when i got my map.. guys at AMD are sweet like that.. im sure you can rack up a few people to do it with you... i was just about to call AMD to get a price on Milltek TBE + Stage 2 software + spark plug change... shame i cant be part of the group buy...

I take it you have to get a stage 1 revo map to be part of the same group buy?

id imagine so... maybe im wrong ill see when i call em up :detective2:

Yeah do let me know mate, and I will ring them up and confirm that we want a group buy once there is enough interest!!

Cheers,

Just got off the phone to someone @AMD and they said if I turn up with someone we will get 10% off the price.....So if anyone is free on the 30th July (Saturday) and wants to get a remap, please PM me!

cheers

No one up for remapping there car at the end of the month?

we arranged this with AMD Essex a month or so back, so most of us that were waiting went along and did it then. Hang around long enough and somebody fairly local will join you i'm sure.

we arranged this with AMD Essex a month or so back, so most of us that were waiting went along and did it then. Hang around long enough and somebody fairly local will join you i'm sure.

How you finding yours now mate? I dont use my car a lot, but each time I use it, it just seems to get better and better!! :rock:

Have you got your select switch yet? I keep trying to call but never get through??!!

Its super, really pleased although I still have that slight hesitation sometimes at around 3k rpm, but new plugs should sort that out apparently.

I haven't actually got around to ordering the select switch, will get on to it soon i think. Do you have to phone, i thought you just sent the form off to them?

I think you can send off for it or phone, I personally always prefer phoning over for orders etc, dont trust royal mail the best of times!!

Let us know if the plugs sort the issue mate.

Sorry for the late reply

Oh Shoot, missed it again! Ah well fingers crossed....I was wondering why nobody was really interested, usually there are so many responses to a Group by Remap

I'm looking for the same....some perosns to join me in a Revo Group buy - I'm based up in sunny Scotland though but ready to buy now! Same sort of discounts being discussed with as much as 25% for 6+ persons!!

Anyway, I don;t suppose as a Group we could contact Revo under this forum and then negotiate a forum disount applicable through all dealers....that way we could join forces?

Anyone already tried this?

Cheers.

I'm looking for the same....some perosns to join me in a Revo Group buy - I'm based up in sunny Scotland though but ready to buy now! Same sort of discounts being discussed with as much as 25% for 6+ persons!!

Anyway, I don;t suppose as a Group we could contact Revo under this forum and then negotiate a forum disount applicable through all dealers....that way we could join forces?

Anyone already tried this?

Cheers.

I asked them for a forum discount they said, "When we do this we never get the amount of numbers that we were promised but you can turn up with someone and get 10% off" :( Maybe you could try ur negotiation skills and try them again? :D

Just to make clear fo those people considering a remap or just want to know the standard price:

REVO STAGE 1 REMAP = £499.99 + VAT

Turn up with me and you can get 10% of this price.

SPS SELECTOR SWITCH IS £50
SPS SELECTOR + SWITCH IS ROUGHLY £100

DATE: 31ST JULY (SATURDAY) TO TURN UP WITH MYSELF AND GET A 10% DISCOUNT

Last edited:
I will be getting mine done mid September in Surrey if it counts!

I will be getting mine done mid September in Surrey if it counts!

:( Don't think so mate, I think it has to be on the same day or before..... but maybe if we get enough they will do a group buy.....I missed the last one...pi55ed

Bump.......No one else interested in a re-map @ Essex what so ever? :(

i am interested but i dont think my trip will be considered into the group buy, just got my quote for Milltek TBE + Stage 2 Revo + New Sparks + R/R readout... £1300 all in... not bad... now gotta try n find some money :sos:

i am interested but i dont think my trip will be considered into the group buy, just got my quote for Milltek TBE + Stage 2 Revo + New Sparks + R/R readout... £1300 all in... not bad... now gotta try n find some money :sos:

Thats seems a good price - mind if I ask where from?

Did you ask them if you would qualify with a discount from them if booked with me?

yep he didnt seem interested... i think realistically for them to be interested u need 3-5 people going for it! i got my revo stg 1 on a group buy from here.. i think there was like 7 of us!!

yep he didnt seem interested... i think realistically for them to be interested u need 3-5 people going for it! i got my revo stg 1 on a group buy from here.. i think there was like 7 of us!!

***........well I guess I'll just have to play the waiting game until the 31th unless I just cancel and rebook when I can get at least 10 people in here minimum.......or just pay full wack

***........well I guess I'll just have to play the waiting game until the 31th unless I just cancel and rebook when I can get at least 10 people in here minimum.......or just pay full wack

if yo have to pay full wack the extra £50 then do it! u wont regret it... im sure when we done a group buy we got 20% off :readit:

if yo have to pay full wack the extra £50 then do it! u wont regret it... im sure when we done a group buy we got 20% off :readit:

yeah you probably did.... I was on one of those lists ages ago at the beggning of the year but work commitments meant I had to opt out :(

pity I'm stuck up here in sunny Scotland....mine is booked for Revo stage 1 with switch totalling £549 & vat on Saturday - could get any immediate local partners and was getting tooooo anxious - hopefully wont be any probs and the 300+ hp & torque will be night and day from standard....will keep you posted.

pity I'm stuck up here in sunny Scotland....mine is booked for Revo stage 1 with switch totalling £549 & vat on Saturday - could get any immediate local partners and was getting tooooo anxious - hopefully wont be any probs and the 300+ hp & torque will be night and day from standard....will keep you posted.

Oh well next time your in London and fancy a Remap.... let me know ;) lol

Do you know if the maps covers a before and after RR session?

AMD will RR your car before and after... :yes:

mine was 281Bhp standard and 328Bhp after remap!!! all on V-Power its whole life...

AMD will RR your car before and after... :yes:

mine was 281Bhp standard and 328Bhp after remap!!! all on V-Power its whole life...

Cheers for the clarification mate....I didn't ask on the fone but I hope this is a standard procedure.

Thought I would give this a final bump and last chance to see if anyone may still be interested in meeting up with myself and getting their car re-mapped this Saturday the 31st @AMD essex with a 10% discount......

IF so PM me! :D

Get a map done at r-tech top guys no bad words about them,i think going to amd may be why you have got nobody to go with,mabie its just me thinking this but i have had a few after sales probs with them,but each to there own the extra hour or two well worth going r-tech :)

Get a map done at r-tech top guys no bad words about them,i think going to amd may be why you have got nobody to go with,mabie its just me thinking this but i have had a few after sales probs with them,but each to there own the extra hour or two well worth going r-tech :)

Wheres R-tech based?