Which intake?

jayc89

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm planning on adding a couple of bits to my S3, and I'm looking for a bit of advise on which intake I should get.

I have been looking at either the Forge TwinTake or Carbonio Intake system however I have heard the Carbonio is "all show and no go" so it's looking like the TwinTake is in pole position!

Would anyone be able to recommend the best CAI out there of the S3 engine?

Thanks! :D

Last edited:
I would say standard air box with droped in Pipercross or K&N panel filter, Keep it real, Keep it OEM :icon_thumright:
But at the end of the day, its your call bro.
Good Luck

I would say standard air box with droped in Pipercross or K&N panel filter, Keep it real, Keep it OEM :icon_thumright:
Good Luck

If you're planning on going after some serious gains with a remap and exhaust it would be a shame to keep the OEM airbox as this will be restrictive.

Most folk fit CAI's when tuning beyond stage 1, some do it even without a remap where it can still offer a slight performance benefit over the OEM setup.

As for which one to go for there are a couple of really decent ones such as the ITG maxogen or Forge Twintake amonst many others.

Good Luck
that's just wasting money. you won't see any gains. go for a ITG or forge Twintake.

keeping the standard air box is waste of time, a filter change will hardly make any difference. the OEM air box is too restrictive. Any of the recognised intakes from Forge, ITG, Evoms, Neuspeed etc will good very good gains higher up the rev range and much quicker throttle response, but need a stage 2 map for best results.