Audi 2.0 FSI T Quattro

remslie20

Reaction score

The ESP light on my Audi has been on for a month so got the Diagnostics checked out .
the fault that came up was to do with the 4 wheel drive . Intermittent on code 00448 to do with the Haldex clutch pump .
the car itself is 5yrs old but only done 35K , Could it be a case of the Haldex clutch pump need servicing as this has not been done has yet ,or does it sound more serious like the pump or something needs replacing ?​

you could have a faulty pump, i had the same issue with the GF's old R32, i had to change the pump which solved the problem.

its worth changing the filter and haldex oil in the diff to see if that sorts it out.

Thats what i was thinking,change the oil and filter 1st ,see if that solvers the problem ,if not go for a pump change.
So is the pump change a big job and what sort of price would i be looking at to put a new 1 in ?

it depends where on the diff its located, on the R32 it was accessable so i was able to change it in about 30mins on the drive way using axle stands. Looking on the Audi parts program it looks like it is accessable, you can also get a repair kit for the primer pump as well so it must be assessable from under the car without removing the diff.