Fitted the LCR Splitter ...

Blackie

Reaction score
Website
www.desmocorse.net
Did a liitle modding & it fits....What do you reckon ?

splitter1.jpg

Splitter2.jpg

Looks sweet mate.... nice mod. How long did it take you to fit it?

looks good mate!

im seriously considering putting one of these on mine.. ive scraped the front bumper a few times so might cover it nicely... just not sure how it will look against the silver part of the s3 bumper??

looks good mate!

im seriously considering putting one of these on mine.. ive scraped the front bumper a few times so might cover it nicely... just not sure how it will look against the silver part of the s3 bumper??

Thats exactly what I was thinking with mine? It has a lower splitter on the bumper already it might look odd with another one right?

Wow, looks sweet mate....., they are sure a good cheap mod..., did you have to cut much off the lugs? Lookin good, especially with the red /black theme..

No i got my jigsaw & took the lugs off which left a10/20 mm gap all around the splitter. The centre stands need a trim of about 20mm.

I then located the centre of the splitter & started on one side. I used ORBIX screws which have a small "drill bit" end on them so i didnt need to predrill the holes. Luckily i have a right angled cordless drill so it took me about 30 mins to fit.
You need to cut the ends off as well near the arches as they are longer that the bumper.
Apart from that its a piece of ****, just put enough screws in so it does,nt come off at speed or you could injure someone. It takes a little bending in places so a pair of hands may be beneficial for some folk

Ta

I tried a late night fitment to Sarah's A3 about 10pm the night before we went down to GTI Inters, so a bit rushed but just couldn't quite get it 100% right as if it's too far forward you can see part of the flat on the top of the splitter, so just needs to sit in the right position.

Looking good mate:thumbsup:

Thats exactly what I was thinking with mine? It has a lower splitter on the bumper already it might look odd with another one right?

I got one but sprayed it gloss black to go with the grill. There a picture in my signature

looks good mate!

I've got one to the front of my bumper and its good protection for the lower part.

Looking good mate:thumbsup:

I got one but sprayed it gloss black to go with the grill. There a picture in my signature

I've got one to the front of my bumper and its good protection for the lower part.

Wish I could see it mate.......flipping work has blocked most peoples signatures and stuff off photobucket etc......I can blackie pic's that he posted up though :shrug:

I think if i added one of these, it'd come off going over the 1st speed bump i meet....

Haha how low you mate? 60mm 70mm?

Benskin07, that does look good too. Any better pics as your sig pic is a little small.

Watty Pm your email as i've only just got to work and they blocked photobucket, but i can send you some from my phone.

Wish I could see it mate.......flipping work has blocked most peoples signatures and stuff off photobucket etc......I can blackie pic's that he posted up though :shrug:

My work blocked photobucket etc but there some photos i can see on here, guess they use a different site. As i said to Watty send me your email in PM and i'll send some i have on my phone to you if you like

Benskin do you have bigger pics anywhere lol?

I'd like to see the splitter on S3 also. :3sadwalk:

Our work also block photobucket etc etc. I use google sites which is basically your own webspace. You can create folders in it and upload pics then just link to those

Haha how low you mate? 60mm 70mm?

Watty Pm your email as i've only just got to work and they blocked photobucket, but i can send you some from my phone.

My work blocked photobucket etc but there some photos i can see on here, guess they use a different site. As i said to Watty send me your email in PM and i'll send some i have on my phone to you if you like

PM sent mate, Soz about late response......

HI think the splitter lcr splitter looks really well would this fit an 07 sline front bumper and who stocks them as i cant really find out much about them. Sorry for all the questions but im a newbie to the forum.

PM sent mate, Soz about late response......

no problem :thumbsup:

HI think the splitter lcr splitter looks really well would this fit an 07 sline front bumper and who stocks them as i cant really find out much about them. Sorry for all the questions but im a newbie to the forum.

Yes it will and you can get it from a Seat Dealer for around £20 and :sign_welcome: to the forum :)

pm on its way benskin :drag:

:thumbsup:

liking the splitter keep meaning to pick one up, can i ask where you got your headlights from? and what do you make of them compared to the originals? love the look of the new style lights

cheers
Gary