carbon or not to carbon

If anyone is interested I have a cut out for a passenger side front door trim in 3m carbon where i ran out of product to do the drivers one, so made a second passenger side one!! So if you want it, you more than welcome!

I have done the trim panel in between the doors and the rear window and it looks the ********!!

Just need to do the drivers side trim and the rear ones, and the centre ashtray which looks complicated!!

How much did u use dude?..
i should have bought the bigger roll but i got the one in the link but i used nearly all the roll but im buying another roll as i have to do the rear pass side trim again as i used offcuts hence the reason why i should have got the bigger roll there wasnt enough to do the whole car with the smaller roll so i would recomend getting a bigger roll as of your doing all the trims and ashtray and gear surround you will prob run out

i should have bought the bigger roll but i got the one in the link but i used nearly all the roll but im buying another roll as i have to do the rear pass side trim again as i used offcuts hence the reason why i should have got the bigger roll there wasnt enough to do the whole car with the smaller roll so i would recomend getting a bigger roll as of your doing all the trims and ashtray and gear surround you will prob run out

Okies dude thanks wish i would get it done before E38 but not a chance at the moment lol...

in addition to my carbon wrapped interior trims ive just sprayed the handles black to go with the theme of the car what do you all think keep it like that or put it back to standard chrome a few picys
16092010005.jpg
16092010013.jpg
16092010005-1.jpg
16092010006.jpg

take the carbon off and spray the trims as well, being brutally honest it looks **** to me atm however it is your car and not everyone has the same opinion

Love the carbon effect but think the handles should stay chrome mate. I ordered some 3M Carbon yesterday as I want to do my 'b' pillars and wing mirrors. I went for the 40cm x 120cm for £23.95.

Do you think I will need to apply heat to the film when it is on the 'b' pillars bareing in mind they are a flat surface and there's not really anything for the film to form around???

Cheers

Do you think I will need to apply heat to the film when it is on the 'b' pillars bareing in mind they are a flat surface and there's not really anything for the film to form around???

Yes; the heat softens the vinyl (which allows it to form around whatever it is being wrapped around), and also helps the vinyl to adhere to the surface it's on.

Yes; the heat softens the vinyl (which allows it to form around whatever it is being wrapped around), and also helps the vinyl to adhere to the surface it's on.
as he said use a hairdryer or a heatgun on a low setting otherwise u will melt it

Last edited:
Actually, do you have better pictures? I've been imagining of what you just did to your car almost everytime when I looked at my interior. My bet is that when properly prep, it would look really good!

You're a braver man than me if you want to fit carbon fibre mirror covers, knowing how many S3 mirrors get torn off cars.

s3 mirrors are highly sort after parts i dont think that many people would be after carbon fibre covers but you never know lol

I think their value would be recognised pretty quickly, the gypsies would descend on your car before you could say "Do you like dags?".

lol yeah thats true mate and there is alot of pikey twats in cardiff so have to be carefull other wise i will be surrounded by dags lol