Watch out people

tku

Reaction score
Just letting everybody know that a group of guys were parked up outside my house yesterday and knocked on the door asking is Jim in and also if the house was number 8 when confronted at the window by someone who was in..they also asked them to come down and open the door...our house clearly has a number 5 on the door and when directed to house number 8 across the road they made a swift exit. This happened yesterday afternoon at about 12pm and the same thing happened again today...Someone came calling round again..unfortunately the person who was in didn't get the registration on both occasions.

Have contacted the police which didn't make a difference as there was no registration..But am now installing cctv cameras as a result of the following paranoia. Just thinking that the house and S3 is now being targeted and as I usually work nights the S3 is always parked up on the drive every morning..maybe they thought we are out?..I don't know but just letting you guys know that the threat is real and always there so just be careful. CCTV cameras will be getting bought in the next few days and the anti-theft mode on the car will be on every night and day. Not a nice feeling at all.

TKU,

What area was this?
Its worth letting us know so we can be vigilant.

Not good, we have a a bit of trouble like this in burtonwood warrington. Two guys where caught checking houses out early hours last week and marking up small markings on the floor outside. My house was marked up with a cross and a few others. Seemed the houses marked up with and x all had dogs or and nice cars. A warning went out from the police after a few other houses a couple of months ago where broken into for car keys and dogs and where found to have had the same chalk markings.
Luckily for ether me and next door that are cars were not parked up out side our houses, the house they was parked in front off at got broken into and was suspected to have been looking for the keys to ether my modded cooper s or next doors corsa VXR.

Tempted to stick:

"1.0L TD" on the back of the car!

Should put the dirty little scrotes off? (Or Not)

All the more reason to have a Clifford Black Jax fitted, let them take the keys and car so your out of harms way and know your getting the car back.

Andy

My car keys are always hanging right next to the front door, I would rather let them find the keys straight away and not have to step a foot inside my house. Let them take the car and never bother me again, it's much better than having people hunting through the house and worst still coming and holding you at gun/knife point until you produce them!

Insurance pays out for lost cars, but not for those we hold dear.

^is a good point luckily im out in the middle of nowhere and if anyone goes near the s ill be breaking out the new jalettes on thier face

TKU,

What area was this?
Its worth letting us know so we can be vigilant.

In Leeds..small cul de sac in Morley area..I must admit the paranoia has kicked in big time now...absolute scum with nothing to do. Makes you think twice about having nice things. Just beware people.

I'm so glad I don't live up that way. I have bought a house in a quiet cul-de-sac, in a very quiet village, on the outside of a not exactly crime ridden town and I still keep my car in the garage at night :unsure:

All the more reason to have a Clifford Black Jax fitted, let them take the keys and car so your out of harms way and know your getting the car back.

Andy

Well I do have the anti theft mode which came with the revo map but as Beanoir pointed out I am even considering just leaving it off and if they do really want to take it they can..not worth getting hurt over a car.

tku - not near the Rein Road area are you ?

'cos I am and I'm now getting paranoid after reading your post !!!

at least it's stopped raining !

tku - not near the Rein Road area are you ?

'cos I am and I'm now getting paranoid after reading your post !!!

at least it's stopped raining !

Speak of the devil..it's pee'ing it down again. Im near the BP garage near victoria road..Just beware of a black car 08 plate..maybe golf or polo..

Guys I'd be VERY careful posting locations on here. I know it's to help others out but I'd say it's very possible that these scum check out forums like this.

Good point Scott. Thanks

We should PM in any future situations or follow-ups.

tku - I will pm you with any info.

The Manchester trend is moving up to North East of England ... I got my Mini JCW nicked last week .. Normally I park the car in a secured parking but was in a hurry that night so i parked the car on the main road and rushed upstairs to my flat to get some stuff .. Came back and as i was walking to my car ... one guy hit me with the baseball bat from behind on me legs and the other snatched my wallet and keys .. And in split seconds they were gone .. Recieved a call from coppers on tuesday they found the parts of the car in a warehouse down south in Kent .. So a broken leg and a broken car eh .. Seriously thinkin of either moving back to London or selling my A3.

Sal

Last edited:
Im moving to near Manchester very soon and all this puts me off big style. Im tempted to remove the S3 badges or is that pointless?

I go to Time Attack with friend who runs a mini and he was broken into in manchester a few years back and held at knife point for his keys to his brand new Leon Cupra.

The Manchester trend is moving up to North East of England ... I got my Mini JCW nicked last week .. Normally I park the car in a secured parking but was in a hurry that night so i parked the car on the main road and rushed upstairs to my flat to get some stuff .. Came back and as i was walking to my car ... one guy hit me with the baseball bat from behind on me legs and the other snatched my wallet and keys .. And in split seconds they were gone .. Recieved a call from coppers on tuesday they found the parts of the car in a warehouse down south in Kent .. So a broken leg and a broken car eh .. Seriously thinkin of either moving back to London or selling my A3.

Sal

Are you on any of the MINI forums?.