Volks AutosBadger5
    Lord of War

Status

Dillema!!!! Arrrgh

OK, previously i was doing about 40k per year, company car was up for renewal so the choice of an A3 TDI S-Line DSG was relatively easy. However....

I *****ed to my boss about the new car allowance that I was getting and that i was worse off and long story short they've offered me a bit more money but more importantly 3 days working from home. This drops my weekly commute from 710 miles to 280 so approx 20k a year with private mileage.

20k is petrol teritory.

Can't decide whether to now go fo the 2.0t fsi DSG and pay a bit extra for the car and the fuel, or stick the the diesel. 140 bhp is reasonable and when Revo finally get their act together....

200 bhp is better, but it'll cost more....

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: Dillema!!!! Arrrgh

Not sure what the 2.0TFSI is like, although there are a few people with a sportback version maybe they will be along in a bit with their thoughts. As far as a chipped diesel goes I am over the moon with mine but unfortunatley can't compare them.

Lord of War

Status

Is the Oettinger re-map visable on Audi diags or to Mr. Insurance Man? Did you get a pre and post dyno to see what the gains were? Any comments on the re-map good or bad?

5th Gear

Status

Thanks for telling us your salary details!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I work from home 4 days of the week (and the 5th is just more of a social interaction really).
    MPG didnt really come into my equation to be honest as its more fun going quickly than saving pertol money!.!!!..

Seriously though, if like me you get a petrol/business allowance then anything around 24-26 mpg should see you break even on the petrol.

Conversely though, I think the 2.0 TDI will re sell well; I see loads of them about, and my dealership seems to sell at least 3 to 1 TDI over any other model.

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    The911SC said:
    Conversely though, I think the 2.0 TDI will re sell well; I see loads of them about, and my dealership seems to sell at least 3 to 1 TDI over any other model.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Agreed. It's not just about day-to-day running costs, depreciation is the real killer and diesels continue to do well.