H&Rs & CHs & fancy mats - S3

PaulAr

S3 (8P)
Reaction score
Ok it needs a detail but here goes, lets see if Ive managed to crack image posting.....

SAM_0220.jpg

SAM_0219.jpg

SAM_0221.jpg

SAM_0222.jpg

SAM_0077.jpg

Its 4 1/2 yrs old and has only ever had 4 tyres and petrol!
Dull, cheap, and bullet proof.

Phil is tempted now.....

Paul lovely looking car, my favourite colour aswell
Alloys go well and the ride height looks perfect how much she lowered by?

Its 4 1/2 yrs old and has only ever had 4 tyres and petrol!
Dull, cheap, and bullet proof.

Phil is tempted now.....

deffinately the missus may not be interested if she checks out the build thread for the s3 though!

Paul lovely looking car, my favourite colour aswell
Alloys go well and the ride height looks perfect how much she lowered by?

Thanks mate.
H&R springs, about 25mm drop, iirc the CHs offset means they sit an extra 5mm out compared to the OEMS rims.
Bit of a cliche but its how it should have left the factory....

cheers
Paul

Looks great Paul, difficult to improve on that....Bet you try though :yes:

Nice one Paul, looks great. I've never been a fan of the S3 rims, old or new and can't seem to go wrong with BBS. :thumbsup:

Nice one Paul, looks great. I've never been a fan of the S3 rims, old or new and can't seem to go wrong with BBS. :thumbsup:

Agree, they where never my fave part of the car.
They look much better on my mates MK5 Golf!

cheers
Paul

Thumbs up buddy, looking good. As much as some people say the CH's are too popular, I personally love them and don't think there is a better aftermarket wheel suited to the A3 (I was second in line for them beauties by the way!).

Top job!

Looking nice Paul.
Are those the mats you bought from ebay ? If os they look a lot better then the pic on ebay site
Yes mate, they look much better than the ebay pics.
They also have the proper OEM fix points in the rears too, which isnt shown on the ebay pics.

You really have to look close at the `S3` logo to see its actually a patch. Something you never do of course.
They seem to be wearing Ok so far.

Recommended:icon_thumright:

cheers
Paul

Thumbs up buddy, looking good. As much as some people say the CH's are too popular, I personally love them and don't think there is a better aftermarket wheel suited to the A3 (I was second in line for them beauties by the way!).

Top job!

Couple need a refurb to tidy some kerb rash but generally they are very good.

Some say CHs are played out, I say `classic` design. Which means they dont date .
The evergreen wheel IMO.

cheers
Paul

looks wicked mate! i got the same but in black hahah!! are you consodering wheel spacers as we might be able to help eachother get it right considering we have exact same set up!

looks wicked mate! i got the same but in black hahah!! are you consodering wheel spacers as we might be able to help eachother get it right considering we have exact same set up!

Thanks, Im a bit apprehensive about spacers mainly due to the whole steering rack/warranty issue.
Wouldnt want any rubbage issue neither.

cheers
Paul

Thanks, Im a bit apprehensive about spacers mainly due to the whole steering rack/warranty issue.
Wouldnt want any rubbage issue neither.

cheers
Paul

steering rack hmmm never knew they affected this.. how are audi with changing sterring racks? couldnt you just take the off before taking it in?? i went through 4 in my cooper s all changed f.o.c

ok, well maybe you can still help.. would you say the front end pokes out enough and the rear needs maybe 10mm's? only asking cause your looking at the exact same setup as me, any advice would be appreciated...

oh and really like the mats, look good and the logo looks spot on.. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
steering rack hmmm never knew they affected this.. how are audi with changing sterring racks? couldnt you just take the off before taking it in?? i went through 4 in my cooper s all changed f.o.c

ok, well maybe you can still help.. would you say the front end pokes out enough and the rear needs maybe 10mm's? only asking cause your looking at the exact same setup as me, any advice would be appreciated...

oh and really like the mats, look good and the logo looks spot on.. :thumbsup:

Not sure if spacers have any effect, however Ive not been happy with some of the noises my rack has been making and had it checked on 3 seperate occasions. On that basis I decided against spacers and have played it safe so far. That said, Im fairly happy with the stance...... for now.

iirc 10mm at the front and 12mm at the rear work Ok, no rubbing, even with H&Rs.

But maybe that translates to 15mm and 17mm if you have CHs fitted??

N8 is probably the man to answer that one.

Cheers
Paul

Looking good Paul!! I echo others thoughts on the mats looking better in life than on ebay.

Hey mate - looks the absolute nuts. Really smart looking car.

:crying: :blownose: dont say that!! Ive got some as a temp measure!!! lol
They are nice wheels and they grew on me, just too understated for the blingness of an S3s grill & mirrors and therefore dont stand up to the rest of the styling. A bit`lost` maybe.
Plus a set of bargain CHs was tooo tempting. In fact I was looking at a refurb and keeping them TBH.

IMO they look better on other A3 models, Golfs etc, and benefit from a bright finish....like hyper silver.
Actualy Ive seen some pics around of a heavily lowered Passat with these on and it looked well.

Cheers
Paul

Cheers Paul

Think I may well go Bright silver now, esp if I will be selling next year. But dont blame you jumping at the CHs!!!