Bad day at the office...

phil_w

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Day started bad - lorry flings pebble/rock/stone at me on way to work and 3 inch crack appears on windscreen.

Get to work, arrange company insurance to sort windscreen - blokes turn up quite speedily (begin think day is getting better) and fit new windscreen (the one with light sensor bracket).

On way home after approx 55 of my 65 mile journey, rear view mirror falls off and is left dangling by wires:sadlike:

Seems that the adhesive that holds the bracket onto the windscreen has failed - anyone had this happen to them or is it just me?

Have to drive to work in the morning mirrorless to meet the blokes again to hopefully get it sorted but he says it'll probably need another windscreen...

Oh man!! And I thought my day sucked!!!!

At least it's not going to cost you 2nd time around and i bet the 2nd job gets done much better due to the bollocking he had for wasting the screen.

looks like they havent cleaned the glass properly. It needs to be absolutely spotless, free of grease/moisture etc. Best cleaned with something like surgical spirits etc.