AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

About to order a new Black Edition - Advice?

Hi guys, I'm new around here so first of all, hello!

I'm just about to order a new S3 Black Edition in Sprint Blue with S-Tronic and folding door mirrors.

I have been offered the car for an absolute steel so I'm happy to go ahead with the order but before I do I wanted to pick all your brains about the S-Tronic gearbox!

I am planning to take the S3 to atleast stage 2+ but I want to know which gearbox is the best to go for when tuning the S3? I have heard the manual clutch starts to slip when you start modding, but the S-Tronic\DSG can handle a lot more torque, is that correct?

I have been out in both a manual and auto S3 and loved them both so I would only choose S-Tronic if it can withstand more power...

Bearing in mind I want to tune the S3 what do you think I should do?
    Go ahead and order the car with S-Tronic gearbox?
    Swap the S-Tronic for a pair of bucket seats instead?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit P10YRS's Instagram Channel
    Hi mate,

I was in the same boat as u 2 weeks ago but put my deposit down on a
    S3 3DR Black Edition
    S- tronic
    exclusive paint - suzuka grey
    bucket seats
    front and rear parking sensors
    cruise control

i can not wait.

I drove both aswel but have gone for s tronic and in def going to be upping the power.

I got exactly 3,023 off the price after shopping around for about a month.

What month did they say you would get it?

Ash.

1st Gear

Status
    If you Google it, then lots of mentions on forums and tuner's websites that the S-Tronic ( same box as the VW DSG ) box has a torque limit ( software not hardware ) of 350Nm which is 260lb/ft which is what the car comes with as standard.

I asked on here about a week ago if this was truth or an urban myth, ie I asked if anyone could post a link to a VAG or manufacturer website where it states this - no one answered my post, but of course that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Assuming it's true, then to make use of your torque increase which you'll get with the re-map ( up to about 300lb/ft ) then you'll also need to re-map the gearbox - this seemingly lifts the software torque limit to 500Nm ( 370lb/ft ) which is supposed to be the hardware limit.

Gus

ps Order tomorrow as the Audi IT systems shut down for 2 weeks, ( see other thread on this ) and they can't put orders into the factory during this period.
    2010 S3 Sportback, MY11, S-tronic, Sprint Blue - gone
    2010 A3 TDi 170 quattro, Black Edition, Phantom Black

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sounds good mate.

I've got a December delivery date sounds ages away but its easier for me anyway 'cos I have stuff on during Oct\Nov.

Well you've beat my discount by 5 lol! And there giving me a decent price for my part ex. Where are you getting yours from?

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

il def go for the gearbox software for sure..

mine is coming from wimbledon Audi but to get the discount i went through mammouth cars who put me in contact with audi i think i got 9% off the price of the car and 9% off each extra..

you be best selling your car privatley if you got a long wait like me.. mines on the market now and got a little run around for the time being.

Ash.

Reverse Gear

Status
    That Mammouth Cars looks pretty good, how does it work? I cant believe they can offer nearly a 6k discount off list price and there not be some sort of catch.

Do they offer you crap part exchange prices or something? High finance rates?

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I know they buy a certain amount of audis through wimbledon audi and every car they sell they get commision from every car they sell from audi... I tried going direct to audi wimbledon and cutting out mammouth but they wouldnt do it at the same price..

All i did was call mammouth told them what i wanted etc and they put me through to audi and have delt direct with audi since, i havent paid no money to mammouth.

Mammouth offer better finance rates than audi but i didnt need to finance it in the end. I didnt bover asking about px,in my MK6 Golf Gti as im selling it myself now.

Ash.