AH FabricationsChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

Revo Stage2+ and HPFP - Any Advice Please

Hi All

I have the Miltek Turbo Back for the car, it is also booked in for an ITG on the 1st September at Awesome GTI, however, I need to get it to a REVO dealer for Stage2+ and ideally the same dealer does the HPFP, so has anyone any recommendations for a good dealer near Macclesfield/Stockport/Manchester, as need to get this booked in ASAP really???

Also where is the best place to get a HPFP, and how much should I be paying??

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers
    Lee
    Phantom Black S3, DSG, Buckets, Satnav, Bose, Bluetooth Prep, Heated Seats, Interior Light pack, Highbeam Assist, parking sensors. Done: Lowered H&R Springs, Spacers, Full Miltek Turbo Back, HPFP - Next on list: Evoms, Forge Re-circ Valve, REVO Stage 2+ and REVO DSG Software when available! - Then, no doubt Uprated brakes will be needed, (Better get saving)

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Don't know any REVO dealers but Stattler in Sheffield does GIAC and he does Autotech HPFPs AND hes a top guy.

Also I'd advise to put some dough aside for a new clutch in a few months too!
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah, I've heard they are good, however, want to go down the Revo route really! And yes, have heard the clutches take a bashing, quite an expensive affair on a DSG i'd have thought too! Better get saving!
    Phantom Black S3, DSG, Buckets, Satnav, Bose, Bluetooth Prep, Heated Seats, Interior Light pack, Highbeam Assist, parking sensors. Done: Lowered H&R Springs, Spacers, Full Miltek Turbo Back, HPFP - Next on list: Evoms, Forge Re-circ Valve, REVO Stage 2+ and REVO DSG Software when available! - Then, no doubt Uprated brakes will be needed, (Better get saving)

5th Gear

Status
    ohh overlooked the fact you have DSG well if thats the case then yours can handle 400lb ft and standing starts no problem apparently .
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    ohh overlooked the fact you have DSG well if thats the case then yours can handle 400lb ft and standing starts no problem apparently .
    how much ...lb ft can a manual clutch handle?
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    how much ...lb ft can a manual clutch handle?
    well evidence from most forums seems to suggest around 330-350 will almost certainly start to cause very accelerated wear eventually leading to slip , much over that your clutch will slip within a few thousands miles. All dependant on driving style and mileage though also obviously.

Mines only about 280-290 torque maybe but at 60 k miles and only recently hard driving its starting to slip.

I'm going for a custom organic clutch as you can see.

Boycie

Status
    With standard power in the s3 the clutch is known to slip.

Once remapped it is just a ticking clock until the clutch starts to slip.

LUK flywheel from buypartsby.com or co.uk is around 250 delivered (compared to audis 500 and euro's 310)

SACHS clutch is 500

Neutral

Status
    I've got a brand new APR HPFP for sale if your interested...

Anyone should be able to fit the pump.

Lost in music...

Status
    [QUOTE=L33TAY;1021915]Hi All
    I need to get it to a REVO dealer for Stage2+ and ideally the same dealer does the HPFP, so has anyone any recommendations for a good dealer near Macclesfield/Stockport/Manchester, as need to get this booked in ASAP really???/QUOTE]

Lee - not tried them myeslf, but why not go and speak to Votex in Congleton to see what they're like?

They're rated by people on here & are REVO dealers who'd be able to fit the HPFP etc

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I've got a brand new APR HPFP for sale if your interested...

Anyone should be able to fit the pump.
    Hi Kuro

Send me a PM with some details/price etc, may well be interested yes!

Cheers
    Lee

2nd Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=BigBird;1022265]
    Quote Originally Posted by L33TAY View Post
    Hi All
    I need to get it to a REVO dealer for Stage2+ and ideally the same dealer does the HPFP, so has anyone any recommendations for a good dealer near Macclesfield/Stockport/Manchester, as need to get this booked in ASAP really???/QUOTE]

Lee - not tried them myeslf, but why not go and speak to Votex in Congleton to see what they're like?

They're rated by people on here & are REVO dealers who'd be able to fit the HPFP etc
    BigBird, Have spoke to them already, will probably go there as its only down the road!
    Cheers

5th Gear

Status
    Hi Kuro

Cheers
    Lee
    His is an APR, be prepared for the price....but in be awe of the quality.

Neutral

Status
    Hi Kuro

Cheers
    Lee
    PM sent...

5th Gear

Status
    I got my pump from statler in sheffield.

I got my REVO done at Votex in Congleton is the best place near you, Mike is a sound chap. They also fitted my uprated clutch. They will also be able to get your pump fitted.

http://www.votex.ltd.uk/
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

6th Gear

Status
    Lee, thought you had booked in with Ben at AVP, whats changed ?

My clutch never died on my last 2 x S3 both running either GIAC extreme or stage 2 +, admittedly only for around 10,000 each. Really missing my S3 - this sensible **** is so dull, sorry Guys but the 2.0 tdi is pretty poor in comparison to the equivalent offering from BMW, really underwhelemed and thats after Revo ! Perhaps I'm just a petrol head destined to spend a fortune on fuel
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi Martin, hope you're well?

I have just agreed now with Ben at AVP, there was some confusion over pricing but we have sorted it now. So, it is going to him on the 2nd September for the day to have:

The Miltek Turbo Back fitted
    REVO Stage 2+
    HPFP
    Evoms CAI
    Forge Re-circ valve

So should go well after that lot!!

And awesome are doing the springs and spacers on the 1st.

So I will be hanging around Burton all day on the 2nd, you'll have to recommend some places of interest for me to keep myself entertained!

Cheers Lee

6th Gear

Status
    There is a multi screen cinema and a decent chinese buffet so the time will pass easily enough, my longest wait to date was a few years ago at AMD when based near Biscester, I had a full suspension set up fitted to my GTi and a Milltek DP, sat there for 5.5 hours, good drive home though
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold

6th Gear

Status
    Hi Martin, hope you're well?

I have just agreed now with Ben at AVP, there was some confusion over pricing but we have sorted it now. So, it is going to him on the 2nd September for the day to have:

The Miltek Turbo Back fitted
    REVO Stage 2+
    HPFP
    Evoms CAI
    Forge Re-circ valve

So should go well after that lot!!

And awesome are doing the springs and spacers on the 1st.

So I will be hanging around Burton all day on the 2nd, you'll have to recommend some places of interest for me to keep myself entertained!

Cheers Lee
    Highly recommend having uprated ARB's fitted at the same time as the springs, it will save labour costs and is a very worth while mod, no loss of ride quality just a massive reduction in understeer, don't forget the 4 wheel alignment after the suspension work, my S3 had all its hardware fitted when it was 3 days old and the alignment was out on mine, worth 50 all day long.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi

Yeah, they are doing the alignment as part of the works, they said to me its required.

Good idea on the ARB's, just a bit of a dear doo isn't it, and are they worth it do you think?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140 View Post
    Highly recommend having uprated ARB's fitted at the same time as the springs, it will save labour costs and is a very worth while mod, no loss of ride quality just a massive reduction in understeer, don't forget the 4 wheel alignment after the suspension work, my S3 had all its hardware fitted when it was 3 days old and the alignment was out on mine, worth 50 all day long.
    You still got your ARB's Martin, maybe we could do a deal, nudge nudge wink wink!!! PM me if you have.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140 View Post
    Who did your alignment Martin, still need to get mine done
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user