VW MK4 golf FMIC???

Robbo1144

Faster in reverse
Reaction score
Does any body know if a MK4 golf gti front mounted intercooler will fit my a3 1.8t? slightly warey as i dont want to go and ***** money on it and it doesnt fit (im buying it off a mate, just havent had a chance to look) even if its slight modifacations im not bothered, just as long as the pipes line up lol. :banghead:
cheers,
Robbo

what do you mean slight modifications and as long as the pipes line up???
well the modifications will have to be on the pipes as i suppose...so yes it will fit and yes it will need some modifications to the piping

what brand is it? is it a custom made one?

it depends entirely which FMIC kit it is on the golf.....

If it's the ebay turbo revs kit then it'll fit just fine.

If it's a forge or THS kit, then they run twin pass cores, with the top pipe running inside the crash bar on the golf.

Unlike the A3, the golf has a C section steel crash bar, which allows you to run the pipe inside it using a twin pass core. you can't do this on the A3.

aw ok, its a turbo revs one mate, happy with that if it goes right on, cant be ***** fannying about too much haha.
cheers for the help guys :)
Robbo
p.s. any of you guys going to audi's in the park next month?

I've bought and fitted the turborevs fmic to my a3 1.8t quattro, Prawn i know you know alot about this kit, to you know the inlet/outlet diameters for the intercooler as i want to udgrade the hose and clamps as mine keep popping off, cheers in advance

aw ok, its a turbo revs one mate, happy with that if it goes right on, cant be ***** fannying about too much haha.
cheers for the help guys :)
Robbo
p.s. any of you guys going to audi's in the park next month?

theres a thread at the top of the page, need some more A3's on the stand mate so if you wana get ya car on the stand, get over to the events part of the forum and stick ya name down (£5 for a car including all passengers)

Heres my build which includes a golf intercooler off the bay...bit more subtle than the turborevs kit
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showth...d-thread-(image-heavy)&highlight=a3+catch+can