Fitting Forge DV with uprated spring...

nick4501

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm currently enjoying the last couple of hours of my Revo trial and the Forge DV that I ordered has arrived today.

Since I intend to go stage 1 as soon as possible, I asked that my DV was sent with a stronger spring (yellow).

My question is: Do I risk damaging the turbo by running this heavy spring when my trial runs out? I'll be getting the full stage 1 map done in about 3 weeks, so is it just worth waiting until then and fitting the DV at the same time?

I didn't think a yellow spring could damage the turbo without a Stage 1 map? You'll have fun with the permanent map and dv matey. Yellow spring defo made a difference on mine!

Thanks mate, that's good to know!...Looking forward to it!

Think I'm just going to wait until I'm getting the map done, just to be safe. On another note, should I have got shims with the DV?...All I got was a box with the DV and a spring in it....No instructions, shims or cable ties... :(

just got a question for you mate!!! does your DV make a chattering noise with the stronger spring and wat are the noticenle differences from having this uprated spring. i have a standard spring in my dv and was told not to bother uprating it till i go stage 2 or 3?????

green spring is good for 200bhp anything more get yellow then later red etc

my forge POS dv has a blue one in it. whats that all about?

Info about Forge DV springs can be seen here..
http://forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMDVTUN

BHP plays no part in deciding spring rate, boost pressure does...I run a yellow spring in my 007p and have not had any probs...

My supersize DV came with a red spring but has a much larger piston and therefore surface area to control.... I may go to a blue if I get compressor stall but will see how that goes...

IIRC, if you are loosing boost then uprate the spring pressure either by fine tuning the existing spring with the spacers or go up a size... if you are getting fluttering then the spring you have is too stiff so downsize..

<tuffty/>

jesus... blue = 23-30psi :S

at least it wont leak and i dont get surge. seemed a bit over kill thuogh. i thuoght it was a bit hard to suck the valve open though. i opened it up to clean and regrease it all incase it was sticking btu ive just got a really butch spring in there

thats what the forge guy said. Its easier to tell ppl with BHP as say at 200bhp most are gonna be boosting around the same psi. Just as a rough guide to what u need.

Green - 5-15 PSI
Yellow - 15-23 PSI
Blue - 23-30 PSI
Red - 30 + PSI

just got a question for you mate!!! does your DV make a chattering noise with the stronger spring and wat are the noticenle differences from having this uprated spring. i have a standard spring in my dv and was told not to bother uprating it till i go stage 2 or 3?????

Mine makes a very very slight chatter noise ever since i done the N249 bypass and i'm running a BMC kit aswell. You can only hear it when letting off in early stages of the rev range but you gotta stay quiet and concentrate to hear out for it lol. My DV has got alot louder ever since the N249 bypass though.

Yellow spring is the way! :thumbsup:

Im slowly toying with a remap. Looking at that South west in car tech site it says it would give mine from 150bhp up to 213bhp? thats not right surely? I thought the best i would see from a remap was about 190 if i was lucky?

i took mine to RK Engineering, St. Agnes. Took it from 150bhp to 196BHP :)

S3BAM - I did notice that, but the guy from AMD (Simon) seems a nice bloke, so pretty happy to go with them. I've also already bought the DV, so... Thanks anyway.

Im slowly toying with a remap. Looking at that South west in car tech site it says it would give mine from 150bhp up to 213bhp? thats not right surely? I thought the best i would see from a remap was about 190 if i was lucky?

if ur car has a k03s then it might but if jsut a k03 then no chance over 200bhp really

Give Mark a ring m8 sure he's back tommorow from testing at the ring...