Tdi tunning

indiemike

ZoomZoom
Reaction score
Hello i know this aint the normal place to ask, but since the seatcupra forum is crap and there are some very useful people here thought someone could help.

Well anyway after a drive home from abersoch yesterday going down bala, I had a play with my mates S3, which to tell you the truth I had no chance what-so-eva lol, ive decided to spend some monies on the car. Missing the speed of the old S3, which I know I cant replace with a diesel but want to improve on how it is currently.

Well 1st of all im looking at fitting a Milltek cat back, and de cat.... Does anyone know about emissions on diesels? As I want to go the de cat route but ive read several different things about emissions testing, some say they dont, others say its smoke test. Could someone please clear this up.

After this work going to fit a Ibiza PD170 Airbox, then going for a Revo Map, Is there any Revo tuners with any deals on at the moment?

Has anyone also got any experance in tuning diesels?

Thanks for any help in advance

as far as emissions go i think if its 2001 onwards its emission test. before that its a smoke test.

so if u had an older one u could put a straight through pipe on if u wanted (i did on my old TDI pug still passed everytime) but 2001 it may be a big too high. unless u decat it and put it back on come MOT time.

diesels are very much the same when modifying nowadays. As they are turbo'd its all about breathing and fuelling.

remap, exhaust, injectors, fuel pump perhaps and a hybrid will be ur best bet. a low RPM spinning turbo is ur best bet to maximise boost per rev range. my mates ibiza fr has the above and beats his brothers 350bhp 1.8T mk4 Golf.

although his turbo is pushing 38psi and he has a black smoke screen behind him everywhere lol

black smoke at 38spi?!! feck! how much do those injectors flow?

no idea mate. it is funny tho i cant drive behind him as i dont want my car sucking up that ****. its a complete cloud. still fast as ****!

it was the fastest diesel at GTI international last year i believe. at thats what he said i didnt go

only route i would go down with a tdi is a remap. Anything more and you removing the practicality i believe, and that is the main reason of owning a tdi- practicality

depends what tdi you have, if i see correctly you have a FR?

my brother has one also and has a remap, filter and exhaust and this gavee him 200hp and V good torque..

I have a A3 tdi 110, with a remap, filter, smooth airbox, exhaust, injectors and mines probably around 150-160hp (maybe more but i like to under estimate) tbh as said you can go too far with them, when i changed my injectors i lost some mpg, however i am needing to fit my FMIC i have then maybe look at another remap to gain the benefits as i had mine mapped when it was STD...
a good forum is

http://forums.tdiclub.com/

Not being harsh but on here noone evers helps you with TDI's ther only interested in S3's that site was VERY helpful for me!