Anyone breaking a A3? i need a silly part!

MAD_Adamski

Reaction score
As above basically i bought some S3 seats for my A3 fitted them and wired them in HOWEVER i needed 2 spade connectors that fit in the STD PLUG.... in MY factory plug i only had 1 so i cut and used the wire from the passenger seat, HENCE my driver seat is all working,,,

A mate took my connector to his work (mercedes) and has since lost the plug GRRRRRRRR!

So basically i looking for both passenger and driver plugs off a write off car with a bit of wire so i can solder! I Am willing to pay a few quid for your troubles,

Before people suggest Audi, i have been and they were useless said they couldnt supply them and didnt know which wires they were and what the part numbers were :notme:!

Any help appriciated As the MRS is getting annoyed that she cant adjust the seat! Save me from hassle please LOL...

Ad

Couldn't you temporally fix them with a choc block connector, so at least it works. Thats what i done on my car with my window motors, came with different plugs so chopped off both plugs and just joined them via wire connectors, it is temporally but therell probably stay :D

Or just get any male and female plugs? wont be oem but ohwell.

Im a sparky and i would probably use through crimps or bullet connectors if i was going to wire it up without the original plug?????

doing as you guys have said yes it would work HOWEVER 2 things,

1. it would require me to remove the seat and cut and chop everything which seems a bit extreme and a bodge
2. after few years of doing bodges and 'making things work' i now like to do things the proper way and this IS a simple fix if i can find a car being broken i would go to a scrap yard but i run my own business and work 9am-11pm mon-sat so cant get to one! :(

I could however get 2 female spades and just slot them on but then i run the risk of knocking them off PLUS its a tempory fi and would stil need the parts...

:(

Using different plugs wouldnt be a bodge though lol? They just wouldn't be oem plugs

yes but i dont wanna mess with the std seats, it will be easier to just get 2 st connectors and use the wires out of both as i did on the driver seat...

All you have to do is check the wiring schematics for the gauge of wire used for those connections, Elsawin will advise this, then take note of the connector housing part number thats written on the part, then go into audi with the part number & ask them to type in the number & now with ETKA 7.2 it actually shows under "additional information" which is a "window icon" what wires are of that gauge & fit that plug, it couldnt be any easier if you want to do it properly.