R32 Brakes

5ean

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Evening all.. Getting ready to fit my R32 front brakes next week. Have stripped then and repainted them (holy amount of original blue paint on them things!!) however i've noticed a small tear in one of the rubber piston sleves. Can i get these from the stealers or will i get them in an autoparts store etc?

Cheers

Sean

Well this a first, not a single reply in a time of need haha!

Spoke to TPS today and they do a kit for £12 + VAT per calliper which includes seals and dust covers..

Anyone know how to replace the fcukers?

pistons out, new seals on and reasemble. use brake fluid to lube them

Well this a first, not a single reply in a time of need haha!

Spoke to TPS today and they do a kit for £12 + VAT per calliper which includes seals and dust covers..

Anyone know how to replace the fcukers?

Haha, it doesn't help that you are asking info for parts of another car, there's actually not many members with the R32 brake setup on here, most go for Brembo's or Porsche setups if they want bigger.

True point jojo.. Tis still a VAG part though so thought some might have known ;)

Got any pics mate? ive got an r32 setup ive just stripped powdercoated and rebuilt but im waiting for a couple of guide bushed before i can fit them :(

Looking for an upratted brake set up for the front end of my b7 a4 s-line, does the r32 gear bolt straight on. Cant be bothered with anything that doesn't bolt on, still got a set up for a sierra cosworth that i bought for my rs turbo when i was 18, never quite got round to it, still in the hut 7 years and about 20 cars on.

Looking for an upratted brake set up for the front end of my b7 a4 s-line, does the r32 gear bolt straight on. Cant be bothered with anything that doesn't bolt on, still got a set up for a sierra cosworth that i bought for my rs turbo when i was 18, never quite got round to it, still in the hut 7 years and about 20 cars on.

Surely the best OEM brake option for your car would be a set of S4 or RS4 brakes? Why go for R32 ones? Stud pattern is in correct anyways, unless you go for Mk5 R32 ones.

If you use R32 discs can you then use 911 calipers ( with brackets ) as the disc face is too small on my brembo discs to use the wider faced Porka pad