Does anyone have any videos of there s3 starting from cold, worried about a chain

drfeelgood

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got the car, however i'am worried i have that timeing chain issue from what another user was speaking about on here. Obviously i dont know all the noises and sounds the car makes as its new to me. I have seen a video on you tube of an engine running and mine sounds the same so i think all is fine. Just anouther user reported you only really hear it on start up. Any help would be massibly appircated. I might just book it into audi as im under warrenty, get the slight bubbling on the roof rails done too :)

i thought on start up the cam chain did rattle a bit because it takes a while for the oil pressure to build up and operate the chain tensioner or something...

I read in the S3 hand book that the tappets can be noisy until the oil pressure builds, or something like that.

Its going to audi next monday for the roof rails and a werid problem with the door not registering its closed sometimes lol, i have asked them to check the timeing chain, while under warrenty might as well